Rentalo... Anyone with similar experience?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
evabal

Rentalo... Anyone with similar experience?

Post by evabal »

I received an e-mail from rentalo.com where I signed up but I guess I never really activated my service (or did I?).
I certainly had an accoun there but I never paid for them and I assume I maybe had a trial account but I am not sure.
Anyhow, the e-mail came saying: "Great news! We have just received an inquiry from a traveler. Below are the partial details of this potential booking: ..."
" Once you have a premium subscription, you can reply to this inquiry by going to"

I went to rentalo and I do not have my apartment featured on their website. I have no clue how would anyone would want to book my place through them when it is not even on.

Anyone has any good or bad expreience with rentalo.com, please le me know.

Eva
paolo

Post by paolo »

I think what they are doing there is trying to get you to sign up by tempting you with an enquiry that may apply to your property and location. On Rentalo people enquire about a type of property, and that enquiry is distributed to all the properties that may fit the specification. So if you reply to an enquiry, you can be one of many doing so.

What I have heard from users of Rentalo is mainly negative, but some have said that if you really know what you are doing, you can make their system work for you.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
evabal

Post by evabal »

Thank you Paulo for your quick reply. I understand what you are saying now. Well, this means that since I showed interest in that site there was only one enquire for Budapest. That is not so promising. I think I will hold off signing up there. So far I am very happy with the sites I am committed to.

Eva