Out of season Bookings

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
LaLuz

Out of season Bookings

Post by LaLuz »

Hi, I'm looking for tips on how to attract out of season bookings.

I have no problem in the summer months as the house really appeals to families but they don't tend to holiday during the winter.

Any ideas on how to attract older holidaymakers looking for a quiet break. We are very near golf courses and in an area convenient for sightseeing.

Any recommendations on where to advertise etc?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

LaLuz, my sister visited the area in May and found very few bars or even restaurants open, perhaps this may out people off the area. She was looking for property, and went off to the Algarve instead.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

For golfers, try doing an internet search for golf holidays in your area. The contact the relevant companies, e.g golfinspain.com and see if your accommodation would suit any of their customers. You don't normally pay a lot to advertise on these sites, perhaps 30€ per year. I would say, however, that twin bedrooms instead of doubles are probably better as a lot of golfing groups are single sex, often male, and they will share a room, but not a bed! They often want to be within walking distance of somewhere they can eat, drink etc. too, so that would be an advantage if you have amentities nearby.
Good luck!
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

HelenB wrote:LaLuz, my sister visited the area in May and found very few bars or even restaurants open, perhaps this may out people off the area. She was looking for property, and went off to the Algarve instead.
Actually Helen, thats a very good point. Where we are is actually open all year round except for a few small bars but maybe the perception is that it will be closed out of season.

Thanks also to Susan I'll have a look at some golf sites.