UK School holiday dates 2011 - updated

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
greenbarn

UK School holiday dates 2011 - updated

Post by greenbarn »

This is the revised version of the calendar I posted yesterday (now deleted) including some areas of Wales, which makes a big difference to the post-Easter week. A few areas of England are also on holiday then, but not many.
The site from which I collected the information is here , but the website links to individual authorities, of which there are hundreds.

If it's of any use to anyone, I've posted a screen grab here - no idea how to upload it in any other format, but if anyone wants a Word version PM me and I'll send it. Might be worth a look on the website at some other areas, and I'd be interested to know if anyone turns up anything significantly different - or indeed if there's a better source already collated.

There is a wide variation in school holiday dates, so this is a best effort at collating a representative sample. There are likely to be odd days when some areas have the odd holiday, particularly Scotland in May, but for our purposes I don't think that's significant.

If you find errors, or consider the whole thing useless, blame it on the UK education system.

Last edited by greenbarn on Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Windy

Post by Windy »

Looks useful GB - thanks!

Maybe a Google Docs spreadsheet where anyone interested enough could add rows for their own area might be a useful collaborative exercise and would spread some of the effort?
Annew

Post by Annew »

would you like the independent school holidays too? I have some of them for 2011, but not all of the leave weekends....
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Thanks, Greenbarn... this is really useful.

Have any of you taken bookings for 2011 yet? I don't know how far ahead to expect them, but am pleased to report that I took our first booking for next year this week... :)
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

We have 6 bookings for 2011 but all for skiing.
Candy

Post by Candy »

Thanks Greenbarn
I have it saved and printed it kind of you to do things for others :D
Don Ciccio

Post by Don Ciccio »

Thank you GB, very kind of you to share such finds/work.

Will help immensely with the coming season and pricing.

DC