My web man is in the middle of update..what do you think??

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
sazzleevans

My web man is in the middle of update..what do you think??

Post by sazzleevans »

Hi

I am after some advise. My website is in the middle of being updated so not all the links are working etc but wanted your opinion whist my web man is still working on updates.

Thanks
SARAH
PS I am going to add this virtual tour too
www.islacanelaholidays.com/ih/virtual/fp_off.htm#

PPS Just added this. I am not a company and the webman is a friend who does stuff for me on the computer as I would not know how to get my ideas off the paper and onto the screen..thanks again.
Last edited by sazzleevans on Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
mvus

Post by mvus »

Looks like a commercial site so this is advertising
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

No...um..I have been a member for ages. I started the site about a year ago before my property was built and then because I met people whilst over in Spain. I agreed to expand the site and list their properties too...Does that mean I cant ask for advice any more..Hope not!!!

I have a 2 bed property which is listed on the site. Its my only website for my property. I did a pole before on the site to see what other people thought about adding properties and it came out sort of 50/50.

I try to keep a hold of my own booking by making sure that all the enquiries come through me first. I hope that it will be of use in peak season when, as you know, its not so hard to fill your property and you can help other people out by passing on bookings etc.

Anyway, its just ME. In my back bedroom. Would love some advice. I have had so many good ideas from lay my hat. In fact the virtual tour is thanks to one of our members.

Thanks
SARAH
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Hi

Well its all done now except for the tour. I would love some feedback. Sometimes I think I am bonkers. Its a new idea of adding properties to the site and I have not charged for them to be added I am just hoping I can make some monet over the next year to make it worth my while. I suppose I will just have to wait and see.

I am really pleased with the site. Lee, my friend, who is also a work collegue, has worked his back side off after work to get it done as I am donating a week to a charity raffle and wanted it all completed before then.

I think its great but thats always the way. I would rather someone else take a look and give me some independant advice.

SARAH
A-two

Post by A-two »

Sarah,
Looks great to me, well done, but how do you know which place they are inquiring about when you receive the form? Each property seems to click through to the same form and nowhere asking me which property I am interested in booking. If your trusty webmaster can bear to add a pulldown list of available properties on the inquiry form, that would do it, at least for me. You may need a fairly long list including each one named individually, as well as a "don't know" option, and a category option "apartment" or "villa" or "golf" or whatever to narrow it down. Unless I missed something, (possible as it was just a speedy look), then I think you're going to be doing a lot of tail chasing trying to work out which property it was that sparked their interest enough to send the form. For me, that would be more important than knowing how they found the website, as I usually get a "can't remember, just stumbled across it on the internet" answer.

Good Luck!
Waves from America
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Hi Joanne

Thank you for your review. I had a reply at last. I was wondering is it that bad that no one wants to reply?? :oops:

Its a good point about the booking enquiry form. Its hard isnt it making sure that every little thing is right but your right that would probably drive me bonkers.

What do you think about the red telephone box on the contact page..Too Bristish?????

I met a guy last week whilst at a golf presentation. He was from New York. I tried to convince him to book my apartment and gave him a brochure...

"Why would i go to Spain when I am from Amercia? We have everything you could want"

"Yes, but you cant buy culture" I replied...We both laughed but still no booking. Cheeky Brit :D

Thanks again
SARAH
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

Sarah,

What I like most about your homepage is the great quality of the photos. They are all crystal clear and entice me to search more into your site.

What I think could be improved on your homepage is to reduce the amount of information contained in it as it makes it difficult for me to choose what to click first. Eg. the top menu, IMHO, should only be a maximum of 6 or 7 choices.

And unfortunately, I really hate anything that moves on a webpage and although it looks quite good, that Golf Course advertisement really sends me to the exit very quickly. But then again, maybe others have a different opinion?

Otherwise, it loads quite quickly, despite all the graphics.

You are heading in the right direction. Well done.
--------------------------------------------------
What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Thanks very much for the review. I know images are a matter of taste. I quite like the moving images at the bottom of the page but its a good point.

The menu at the top was my idea and not Lees. There just seems to be so much you want to include. You just want people to see everything thats so great about your location that you could really go on and on and on.

I really love your site. Its been a while since I have seen it. I really like the new look. Well done. Hows business?

SARAH
accommodation-in-spain

Post by accommodation-in-spain »

Hi Sarah

Re trying to track which property someone has enquired about you could just go with adding a reference number for each property and asking them to add an area on the form to quote this - this may be easier for your web-designer to do. :lol:

Re the telephone box photo, why not add a photo of an international telephone box if your are not sure about that one? Looks arty though so I wouldn't worry too much.

The site looks good though so keep up the good work.

Zoe
www.Costa-Luz-Holiday.com - your on-line holiday brochure for the Costa de la Luz
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

Sarah,

I too have thought about how many options to put in the menu and the research I have done says 5 is optimum with 7 maximum. Hard to do I know but the more options there are, the more confused they become. Apparently, surgers will click a couple more times if they get the impression they are finding their way to where they want to get to.

About my new site.......well don't know if you are getting me confused with some other good-looking guy but my new site is still underdevelopment :lol: :lol:
--------------------------------------------------
What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Hi Red Devil

Dont think I am getting confused you did have a site with the photo of your apartment block on the home page?? Not sure about the good looking bit..havent seen you in the gallery :twisted: SARAH