pool liner replacement

For anything to do with the garden and pool
Kate Brierley

pool liner replacement

Post by Kate Brierley »

Hi any thoughts on various pool liners ,fibre glass, pebbletec, tiles? so much available ,I need to replace mine after this season. I intend on getting lots of quotes as they seem to vary so much, even for just replacing the plastic liner! Any information would be very helpful
gill

Post by gill »

We had a plastic liner pool which caused us no end of grieve. We found a company in the end in the UK which could paste a fibre glass finish on the existing shape and colour it to our requirements. It been in5 years now and still looks great, never leaks, hasnt rumpled. I couldnt recommend this more. and it cost less fitted than a plastic replacement liner.
Kate Brierley

pool liner replacement

Post by Kate Brierley »

Thanks for the info. You can't remember the name of the company? I like the idea of fiber glass but thought it might be out of my budget. There are just so many companys in France , it is who to go for.
gill

Post by gill »

The installers name was Dave Roberts, I am not sure he is trading anymore as he was retiring. But I am sure other companies would offer something similar if you google around. thats how I found him in the first place. there is an article/ advert in this months Connexions paper about replacing plastic liners with a more durable solution. I sure that was Dordogne based. Connexions is available online if you cant get hold of a copy.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

We replaced our pool's tiles with a flexible lining paint (manufactured in Spain) after the pool structure was compromised during a severe storm a couple of years back. Wasn't cheap and the paint had to be applied within a narrow temperature range but, so far, it seems to have done the trick, although the original colour has faded a little.

There are many ways to crack this particular nut and I'd suggest some serious research and professional advice before you decide on your solution.

Jim
Kate Brierley

pool liner replacement

Post by Kate Brierley »

Thanks for the replies, it is a good job i have given myself plenty of time to investigate!! I will check out the Connection.thanks