Neogiations for Turkey joining Europe given go ahead

For topics that are specific to Turkey, please go here.
Hanorah

Neogiations for Turkey joining Europe given go ahead

Post by Hanorah »

Finally, I was holding my breath all day yesterday. We do plan to retire to Turkey and if they were in Europe it would be all the better. Of course even the prospect that they may get in even in 10 or 15 years will only serve to have a positive effect on the property market which also helps. There are a lot of negative comments on the web about Turkey (not on this site) but I think it can only benefit us all in the end. Turkey is one of the few countries in the world that can grow enough food to feed all of its population with enough left over to export a large amount abroad. I have seen massive changes already over the last 9 years it is modernising at an astonishing rate. Yes they still have a way to go on human right issues and equality but with the goal of Europe within their reach I am sure this will come in time, it will have to or they will not be accepted. Interestingly talking about equality Turkish women were actually given the right to vote before women in the UK believe it or not.
Always Learning