What to include in rented villa

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

:lol: That's a good one LaLuz!!!

Getting further away from towels and probably deserving of its own thread we're interested to see these new U.K pension proposals re buying in rare wines, second homes etc to finance your pension. :shock: I bet the spoilsports won't allow for bulk buying IKEA bathmats for my old age though.... :)

Edited.... ah no, I'm losing it, just realised wasn't on the towel thread...
Last edited by Sue Dyer on Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marg

Post by Marg »

Having read the article about buying second homes for the pension I bet they make it so complicated to understand that nobody will be able to do it - mind you I do fancy a place in Mauritius!
FTF

back to the towels.....

Post by FTF »

Again maybe am on the wrong thread & don't want to open anything up again - as am very new to this site (and have found it a veritable mine of information & recommended it to others i know from other forums).

My husband thought I was mad to want to provide a "welcome pack", but the two rentals that we had this year (albeit friends) really appreciated the gesture. We leave some beers in the frige (went down really well whilst those that the guests had bought from the supermarket were chilling..), some crisps & a packet of pasta & pesto sauce, then if the guests are late arriving for whatever reason they can have a bite to eat when they arrive.

We also provide tea-towels, washing-up liquid, liquid hand soap & a couple of washing machine & dishwasher tablets. This is mainly based on experience & the pain of turning up to a gite for a two night stay & finding nothing of the kind.....

But perhaps I am said in that I love doing all that kind of thing & as for furnishing the house well..........
:D
Fiona