Website Review

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Moira

Website Review

Post by Moira »

Hi,

Just recently launched my website, so I'm busy trying to get it promoted and up the search engine rankings. Rather exhausting but I'm perservering! As I'm new to this game I'd appreciate any comment on the website layout, content etc. It is an independent owners web site so there are limitations as to how I show things.

As I'm based in Glasgow I'm trying to target the holiday market and the business market, so short and long term lets. It is a one bed property which will sleep 4, so not suitable for bigger families.

Thanks in anticipation of your replies. Moira

Opps forgot to add the link

www.baronyapartments.com
GoDot

Post by GoDot »

A few technical points.

Your meta description is massive - 389 characters. Google only shows about 160 in search results, so your blurb should be condensed to this level.

Your page titles and meta descriptions are pretty much the same for each page. If you can, you should create unique versions for each page containing differing keywords. This will help you rank for a wider variety of search terms.
Moira

Website Review

Post by Moira »

Thanks, really appreciated I'll make the changes.

Moira
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

It looks lovely (to my untechnical eye). You have some beautiful photos.

Just out of interest, what are the health and safety regs that prevent you providing a cot and high chair?
Moira

Post by Moira »

Hi,

Thanks for your comments.

I came across reference to the cot on reading another discussion on this forum, not sure where it was exactly. But the basis of the discussion was that trading standards had said that a new mattress would have to be provided for each child that used the cot to prevent spread of disease. So perhaps not formal health and safety rules but I was concerned that it would leave us open, especially in todays world of litigation, hence may amendment to the website. I'm thinking about whether we could provide a cot if a disclaimer was signed but that may be taking things too far.

Moira
HenryG

Post by HenryG »

Very boring ..

Boring - because I can't find anything wrong with it !

So well done. Nice site :)

Nice weather widget also by the way. Always wondered how to go about adding one ...
Moira

Post by Moira »

Hi,

Thanks for the positive comments, I really appreciate the review. Now just need to get some bookings!

Re the widget, it came with the site. I'm not techie so dont have a clue.

Moira
theoharis

Very nice

Post by theoharis »

Very nice site and to the point, my only suggestion concerns the main background of the pages...what is it? It looks a bit dark, maybe it is a good idea to choose something less busy?

Theoharis
Moira

Post by Moira »

Hi,

I do agree but I'm a bit restricted on the choice from the web company hosting the site. Alot of the backgrounds had specific themes which either weren't appropriate or didn't fit with my location. But no harm in looking again to see if it could be improved.

Thanks Moira