Feedback for new site

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
e-richard

Re: Website and booking forms

Post by e-richard »

theoharis wrote:My next task is the booking form, any suggestions?

Richard is there something that integrates with PIMS;

Theoharis
Yes, there is, and I'll send you details by email.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

I don't collect the data other than manually. Our booking confirmation repeats the basic information in the booking form which I deliberately retype and then OH checks. Everything else is done by typing info into spreadsheets - enquiry list, booking list, revenue list, email and street addresses of guests after they leave (although we can from now on pick that up from the village tourist registration), source of booking, thank you/request for review email. I know it seems daft not to integrate it but I like to see it all happening. (I still have the archives for my publishing business on paper!). But the only records we print out on paper are the booking form and confirmation and the spreadsheet showing the bookings. The rest stays in the computer.
twinhope

Post by twinhope »

Theoharis

I had a look at your site and it looks as though your homes are in a very peaceful area. I don't know much about the technical side of web sites but I know what I would be looking for as a guest searching. One little thing (very little) in one of your pictures of Elia House; the bathroom has a toothbrush sitting in a container on the sink. (I did say it was a little thing) but that would turn me off because I would like to think the home was waiting for just me. I think this takes away from the feeling you are trying to convey. The next picture of the bathroom shows it with more of a spa feeling. Also your e-mail address and telephone number at the bottom are very difficult to read. All in all I like your site.
I'm still too much of a chicken to have my website reviewed. I think you did a good job.

Sharon