Is it worth a go ? Free Advertising !?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
yarni

Is it worth a go ? Free Advertising !?

Post by yarni »

Hi all,

I found in google a site called holidayadvertising.com, they are offering a free website and free advertising for a year and then £30 per year after that.

Has anyone has any dealings with this site? and if so any problems ?

I can't see any catches but could someone let me know.

Kind regards,

Yarni
paolo

Post by paolo »

Yes, I can see a catch: you are the owner of this site. Bye bye, Yarni!
Paolo
Lay My Hat
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Oh, my, will they ever learn?

Wonder if we'll get more people like this looking for free advertising after the last couple of extra-long threads about sketchy listing sites.
Brooke
debk

Post by debk »

It's been a long, hard day... but Paolo's response brought forth a heart-felt chuckle. Thanks, Paolo, for all you do!
debk
mvus

Post by mvus »

It's not a free website, it's a single webpage and looking at the listings so far for Spain that use the free webpage the name holidayadvertsing.com appears at the bottom of the webpage and on each photo link you click on so you wouldn't be able to use it as a "personal website" on most other rental websites! They are trying to use peoples rentals to promote their own website
paolo

Post by paolo »

vrooje wrote:Wonder if we'll get more people like this looking for free advertising
Do bears go to the toilet in the woods? :)
Paolo
Lay My Hat
AndyY

Post by AndyY »

Can I just say the website is there to sincerely help owners of holiday properties and is free for the first year and there are no catches!!!

We have only been going for a short while and are already top for many searches in MSN, are improving week on week in Yahoo and we will be top in Google !

Just to reply to pja. Yes there are links at the bottom of the websites that are registered with us (which can be taken off, if they wish) but at the end of the day this will help in the long run to help people find our site to book properties.

Now you can ban me again or delete this message or both!!!

I am sorry if you thought I was spamming.

AndyY
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Oh my goodness, are you kidding?

As it is nearly midnight in Paolo's neck of the woods, he likely won't be around to ban you again until morning -- but I am.
Brooke
debk

Post by debk »

I'm with you, Brooke!

"I found in google a site called..." is completely misleading. Better business building by deception?

To tweak a well-known saying: He who is dishonest in a very little thing is dishonest also in much.

Será?
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Yep -- and the funny thing is that they all seem to think that if they continue to say "really, I'm not spamming and it wasn't my intent to deceive, honest!" that they'll win us over somehow.

If he creates another account and posts again I guess we'll have to ban his IP address or take some other, stronger measure...
Brooke
Garri

Post by Garri »

Now this is funny:

14. DO NOT advertise your personal or business websites without prior authorisation from ADMIN.
- they will be deleted withour prior notification

Where did I find this? on Yarni's travel forum.
debk

Post by debk »

priceless, Garri!
Garri

Post by Garri »

Brooke, please don't ban him as I would genuinely like to know how he can justify these claims:

We have only been going for a short while and are already top for many searches in MSN, are improving week on week in Yahoo and we will be top in Google !

It's the we will be top in Google claim that I am particularly interested in.
paolo

Post by paolo »

Thanks Brooke. Nice of him to wait till late to re-spam us. If anyone gets propositioned by that site, or its owner, one Andy Yarnall, you are forewarned!
Paolo
Lay My Hat