Aerial Photos

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

After just reading what you wrote about your grass,why would you want to have it looking green ? Why not sell it as you just have.What a brilliant reason for it not being green!!Turn the negative into a positive.The water looks lovely and clear,and if your water area was chosen just BECAUSE it isn't contaminated-no fertilisers etc ,surely that could be a big pull? I'd come :lol: :D
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Well yes, Brooke, you're right - I said "secure", not "insecure". In Provence it has to be an advantage to live not too far from an access road: try getting out on a mile-long single-lane track with the fire-engines coming towards you. This is a once in 100 years scenario (in our case, it isn't even a once in 400 years scenario) but people like to feel that they're in as safe a situation as possible.
"Clutching at straws" because I can't see why the aerial photo would have made a difference to Joanna's bookings & the road suggestion was just just a wild shot.
Great sand, Joanna!
Your photos of the sea are so much more inviting, too. 709kb is great.
Best,
Alexia.
A-two

Post by A-two »

alexia s. wrote:"Clutching at straws" because I can't see why the aerial photo would have made a difference to Joanna's bookings & the road suggestion was just just a wild shot.
Thanks for the explanation! I thought you meant something else, now it makes sense! The increased inquiry levels are now happening across the board from other sites, so it's probably not the aerial shot. Interesting discussion though (at least for me)
Great sand, Joanna!
Thank you! And most of it in the house this week after they left...still smiling :lol:
Waves from America
A-two

Post by A-two »

Fraise wrote:After just reading what you wrote about your grass,why would you want to have it looking green ? Why not sell it as you just have.What a brilliant reason for it not being green!!Turn the negative into a positive.The water looks lovely and clear,and if your water area was chosen just BECAUSE it isn't contaminated-no fertilisers etc ,surely that could be a big pull? I'd come :lol: :D
Fraise, we have been pushing the "natural" side more and more as we realize people book for that very reason, so I think you're right, we should wear our burnt toast grass with pride! It's interesting how the aerial shows surrounding homes with lawns leading to the water that are distinctly greener than others. I like to think this results from just a sprinkler system we don't have (yet), but when I see a weedless lawn around here, I cringe.

I know it's not the same in other parts of the world, but here it's a sign of thoughtlessness. It means the owners haven't thought about their drinking water or the seahorse communities in the bay. It's bad enough that the farmers need to spray the vines from time to time to stop disease, but their business would not otherwise survive and at least they have a valid reason for doing it (good wine!).

(Still working on getting past the picture of you trying to get a duckboard into the tumbledrier)
Waves from America
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Joanna, I think that a photo tour using the aerial shot as a map is a really fantastic idea!

I'd guess that the water looks sort of brown because of the sandbars in the area -- the color is the sea floor, not the water itself. But, that's just a guess.

Maybe your weedless neighbors are just really diligent about pulling weeds by hand? :D
Brooke
A-two

Post by A-two »

Brooke,
How wonderful, you're a gardener! Of course you're right about the weeds, but those cookie cutter gardens have that "look" about them that tells me the Guatemalan landscapers do the job, and you certainly don't see any of those folks on their hands and knees with a trowel digging out weeds!

Regarding the aerial shot, I'm going to try and learn your video tour tutorial when I get bit more time, but want to try a black and white version of the aerial shot, which then makes the unattractive color problem mute.

Had enough rain yet? It has not stopped here for 6 days, which is now in the realm of extreme weather for this neck of the woods, although remarkably no flooding.
Waves from America
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

"The Guatemalan landscapers do the job, and you certainly don't see any of those folks on their hands and knees with a trowel digging out weeds! "
You could possibly see them with an unprogrammed satellite or aerial photo!
Best,
Alexia.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Oh, I wish I was a gardener, but I'm not really. We just moved into our first house and now I do have a garden to contend with... I have to figure out what to do with it. I was thrilled to find out that we have a hibiscus plant next to our front step, so that's a step.

No, I just remember my Mom paying me 5 cents a weed when I was a kid!

Ah-hah, I should have figured that such a beautiful beachfront property would be deep in the land of hire-out-for-everything. :)

Today my husband remarked that he's starting to feel a little insane from all the rain. I guess we can never move to Seattle or Vancouver; strangely, I've been okay with it, though I do miss the sun. I hope your current rental clients are managing well enough!
Brooke
A-two

Post by A-two »

vrooje wrote:No, I just remember my Mom paying me 5 cents a weed when I was a kid!
Your Mom is very generous, I wish someone would pay me that rate now!
I hope your current rental clients are managing well enough!
Happily, we have a gap this week, the first since May. The last visitors left for a wedding in Sag Harbor on Friday, having had very good weather all week, then the heaven's opened on Saturday and it has not stopped. It must have been a very soggy affair.... :( If the weather cheers up, I might get the odd last minute booking from Manhattan, otherwise the next group arrive mid-November for a wine tour. I don't expect those folks to care about the weather too much!

I was working today on a static version of the "aerial tour" before attemtpting the "video" version:-

and first draft of the page is now at: http://propertyangels.com/aerial.htm
Waves from America
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Vrooje,

Your Mom payed you in weed!! :shock:
Cheers
PC
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Joanna,

I think that what you have done works very well! And in fact I think it is a good idea to have the aerial photo in monochrome, as it gets around all the problems re the colour of grass and sea!

I'm sorry I haven't gotten around to emailing you the updated photoshop-enhanced photo as requested much earlier in this thread. I don't suppose you need it now, but please PM me if you do and I will forward it on.

Catherine
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Paul Carmel wrote:Your Mom payed you in weed!! :shock:
Well, she wasn't a very good cook, so she expected that I'd bake the brownies. ;)

Joanna, I think the aerial map/tour looks great! :)
Brooke