Should we add a Hot Tub?

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
heavenlyhartwell

Should we add a Hot Tub?

Post by heavenlyhartwell »

Wondering if we should add a hot tub to our lake rental. Several rentals one the lake have them. Are they much trouble? How sanitary are they? Do they need to be inside, or outside of the deck is ok? Thanks!
Earth to Lisa, Come in Lisa
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hi .Where is GA? Oh,is it Georgia?
enid

Post by enid »

We've just installed a hot tub - our last guests were able to use it and voted it a huge hit. We added it for us with it being used for the gites as an extra. No problems with maintenance so far - it's pretty much like maintainig a swimming pool. We have ours outside on a terrace - with a view - lovely. We do hope that it will help extend the season but the expenditure wasn't part of our gire budget - we added a sauna at the same time so got a good deal for buying them both.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Oh,it sounds lovely.We are thinking of putting one in our place (starting a piggy bank first I think!) but I'm not so sure about putting one into the rental house as we are not on site and I think the guys who look after the pool may not want to maintain that as well (it might cost a lot extra for maintenance)-if we lived on site then that's a whole new kettle of poisson-LOL,I wrote "poison" at first ,then saw the error of my ways :wink: :wink:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Oh,it sounds lovely.We are thinking of putting one in our place (starting a piggy bank first I think!) but I'm not so sure about putting one into the rental house as we are not on site and I think the guys who look after the pool may not want to maintain that as well (it might cost a lot extra for maintenance)-if we lived on site then that's a whole new kettle of poisson-LOL,I wrote "poison" at first ,then saw the error of my ways :wink: :wink:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

OOh,err,stereo....sorry :cry:
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

When we rented a ski cabin for an October weekend a few years ago, we picked one place above the others specifically because it had a jacuzzi. And then we actually didn't end up using it, but we still booked an out-of-season week with that particular rental owner rather than all the others.

For what it's worth...
Brooke
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

I'm really keen on a hot tub for our house because of the limitations on the pool opening season which in our area is only from mid June to mid September. I reckon it would really tip the balance on out of season bookings. We can't do a private pool cos we are on an urbanisation and don't have a private garden but we have a good sized terrace area which can be enclosed (but still have views out on to the garden area).

So I'd be really interested in hearing from anyone who does have a hot tub or even one of those small pools (the small hexagonal wooden ones) to find out running costs and any maintenance problems.

I'd also be interested in knowing if that would tip the balance for anyone out of season - if you didn't have the choice of a proper pool but had the use of a hot tub or small wooden pool would that do it for you?

ta
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

Funnily enough my daughter keeps trying to convince me to buy one, ever since she saw one for sale in the supermarket!!
memes

Post by memes »

We stayed at an extraordinary B and B near Newport last month - it was an old light house - a short fat one rather than a tall thin one - with a hottub on the terrace on the top floor. They used it in all weathers and guests were welcome to use it day and night. Fab with a howling gale around you and a glass of fizz!
It was surrounded by inflated plasric - very comfortable and apparantly not too expensive to keep warm. The guy said they were about £1k delivered and fitted.
I really fancy one for our house in Italy - our pool is only useable May to Sept and I'm sure it would encourage Autumn bookings..Really love the idea of watching the stars at night all warm and cosy when the snow is around us.
Anyone know of anyone supplying these cheap ones in Italy? I'd always thought they would be £5k+

M
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Maybe we could get a job lot for "lay my Hatters"!!!! :wink: :wink:
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

We stayed at an extraordinary B and B near Newport last month - it was an old light house - a short fat one rather than a tall thin one - with a hottub on the terrace on the top floor. They used it in all weathers and guests were welcome to use it day and night. Fab with a howling gale around you and a glass of fizz!

Well, that's just done it for me, I'm convinced we need one now! Just got to convince the holder of the Privy Purse (husband) that it's absolutely essential. A bit harder done than said!!!
Nightowl
backwards......
Yvain

Post by Yvain »

We're having a nightmare with ours in France from the point of view of hygiene and things going wrong with it. We'll probably have it removed as it's more trouble than it's worth.

Yvain
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

:? Is this the tub that is under a mile away from me,just up the road? If so, boohoo...what's happening with it and who is maintaining it? Not the dreaded local piscine company? Tell us more....
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

Yvain wrote:We're having a nightmare with ours in France from the point of view of hygiene and things going wrong with it. We'll probably have it removed as it's more trouble than it's worth.

Yvain

If it's not too painful, I'd be interested in knowing what problems you are having cos you never get to hear the downside of ownership from a salesperson. I wondered how easy (or difficult) it was to maintain hygeine or just to keep the thing going generally. Do you think you have bought a duff one or are the things that have gone wrong the sort of thing you can expect to go wrong?
Nightowl
backwards......