Invitation for Visas for Russian guests

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
adam2308

Invitation for Visas for Russian guests

Post by adam2308 »

I am in the final stage of completing a booking for an enquiry I have had from a Russian family.

They have asked for me to send them an official invitation (original) for the Consulate. I believe this is for them to obtain their visa's. Has anyone any experience of completing a booking with Russian guests and know what I would need to provide them with?

Thanks,
Adam.
yourlamanga
Location: La Manga Del Mar Menor, Costa Calida, Murcia, Spain

Post by yourlamanga »

Hopefully someone else can shine some light on this but I've had Russian guests in our apartment in Spain and didn't need to do anything for them about Visas, but maybe it's different where you are? Sounds a bit odd though.
"There are two seasons in Scotland: June and winter.” - Billy Connolly

http://www.yourlamanga.com/index.php
http://bit.ly/aGbQ6n - Homelidays
http://bit.ly/c7O4O9 - HR
http://twitter.com/yourlamanga - Twitter
paolo

Post by paolo »

I am processing a Russian booking now and have been asked to supply a booking confirmation with the names of the occupants on it, so they can get visas. This is for a house in France.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Austria

Post by Austria »

Hi,

We have had two sets of Russian visitors, and we had to do a letter of confirmation /invitation. Giving the guests names and stating where they would be staying and for how long.

Our guests stayed in Austria.

Hope that helps.
adam2308

Post by adam2308 »

Thanks for your replies.

Austria - What exactly did you for your guests? Did you just write up a word document saying that they would be staying in your property and on the dates that they would be staying? Anything else?

Thanks,
Adam.
Austria

Post by Austria »

Yes on letter headed paper (it was actually a PDF document). I confirmed that the guests by name were staying at, (i gave the apartment address), from the date to their departure date.

I then went on to confirm that they had paid for the apartment in full. If you send me a private message with your email, i do have a proforma that i used.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards

Derek
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

We've had to do this a couple of times and sent a PDF version of an invoice/receipt for payment. It wasn't in the form of an invitation. An invitation might be interpreted literally by an insurance company if a claim was made (they were your invited guests, not paying customers?).

However, in our case, it had to be done as if it was coming from our property (i.e. Switzerland) so made the appropriate title and address changes.

MG
brenda

Post by brenda »

We have had a couple if Russian families stay here (Spain) and have never had to write any letter of Invitation or anything else.
fincafern

Post by fincafern »

... same here, Brenda.
pambon

Post by pambon »

I haven't been asked to provide anything either (Italy). I'm wondering if this is because these Russians (I refer also to those mentioned by Brenda and fincafern) had also been staying elsewhere in Europe or have a visa for multiple visits...?