Drop Shadows

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
mvus

Post by mvus »

TravelPixel wrote:yes the comment was really tongue in cheek chalky, dont take it too seriously.
:lol:
What you really meant to say was you were replying to a post, amongst others that were six months old with a one line answer.

This enables you to get your name at the top of every post so people will visit your pixel advertising site and hopefully pay a fee to advertise their websites. With blue clients like Air France and lastminute.com falling over themselves to advertise on your website, is it really necessary?
paolo

Post by paolo »

I use drop shadows and I do so because I think they make pictures stand out from a white background, and I consider my target audience not to number many graphic designers who will object to them.

Sometimes people here with advanced web knowledge warn us not to use older techniques, but owners have to calculate whether their target market is on the cutting edge or in the dark ages. This is a fundamental principle of your marketing efforts - first you have to know who you are talking to, before you can work out what to say to them.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Paolo,

I like to think I live in the real world and I suspect you do too.

I run a couple of self catering cottages and I would like to maximise my bookings for the year.

Do I think that a prospective client will reject my properties because I use drop shadows? No!

Do I think that a prospective client will reject my properties because I use deprecated coding? No!

It’s all spherical objects. For those who don’t know what spherical objects are I will explain – they’re balls.

Alan
TravelPixel

Post by TravelPixel »

pja wrote:
TravelPixel wrote:yes the comment was really tongue in cheek chalky, dont take it too seriously.
:lol:
What you really meant to say was you were replying to a post, amongst others that were six months old with a one line answer.

This enables you to get your name at the top of every post so people will visit your pixel advertising site and hopefully pay a fee to advertise their websites. With blue clients like Air France and lastminute.com falling over themselves to advertise on your website, is it really necessary?
wow, thats really cynical.

Ive made some valauble comments on here if you search, thats not really fair.

And this post is now at 3 lines...thats not bad :lol:

:D