Low allergen environment

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Low allergen doesn't just mean clean, no pets, etc.

If you're allergic to dust, it's wise to avoid carpet no matter how often it's cleaned, and it's also prudent to have a significant air filtration system wherever you stay.

Also, it's probably best not to have a huge garden with hundreds of flowers (pollen, bees).

However, I'm sure there are a hundred other ways to reduce allergens in an environment, each appropriate to their particular allergen.

If I had severe allergies, I wouldn't be satisfied with the broad "low allergen environment" claim. I'd probably inquire, and it wouldn't make me a more fussy client. There's a difference between sending e-mails asking about nitpicky details (we had one couple who demanded to see a picture of our showerhead, thankfully they didn't book) and asking questions designed to prevent one from getting sick.
Brooke
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

It would appear we have some decisions to make.

Do we cater for the overwhelming majority or the underwhelming minority? Without losing our appreciation of the problems of the afflicted, of course.

Do we rip up our carpets, install significant air filtration systems and concrete over our gardens to cater for an underwhelming minority? I don't think so.

They can either keep taking their medication or go elsewhere, with our sympathies.

Alan
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Brooke-they can't have been for real,surely??? " we had one couple who demanded to see a picture of our showerhead, thankfully they didn't book)" !!!!!!!!! Did you send them it???
What a to-do. One "to-do " too far I think :evil:
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Heh, that couple was very demanding. Apparently they just hate those French showerheads that aren't attached to the wall (the handheld ones) and our assurances that you could set the hand unit into a cradle in the wall weren't good enough. They also wanted to know how high the reading lamps in the bedroom were, and a few other things that I don't remember, but that just added to the overall image I formed of those people.

They also asked for references (the first ones who ever have) and were quite particular about us giving them only US references, preferentially references from people near their home state.

After bending over backwards for them for a couple of weeks, I came to my senses and decided they weren't worth it! I'm sure they found a lovely place with a big bucket showerhead and perfect reading lamps; it just wasn't our place.

I never did send a picture of the showerhead... that's not something I had thought to do on our last visit (we had actually just installed a new one), and as we don't live on the same continent as the property, I couldn't just pop over to snap a photo. Next time I'm there I'll get a picture of that, plus a picture of the toilet flush mechanisms (you know, in case someone insists that they can only stay in a house with "poussez" flushers). ;)
Brooke
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Wow! You did well to stick with them for as long as you did!! References??? Wonder if they ever did get some sucker to reply to all their demands?
debk

Post by debk »

vrooje wrote:Next time I'm there I'll get a picture of that, plus a picture of the toilet flush mechanisms
Oh, please, do be sure and post them here!
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Oh yes.how exciting- we could all post ours and then we could compare and contrast!! :wink: :wink:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

We could start a whole thread on push vs. pull flushers... a toilet thread could almost certainly rival the towels thread!
Brooke
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

I am a push man me self!
Cheers
PC
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Oooh well, I do like to pull sometimes :wink: