Opinions on my website revamp please.

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Hells Bells

Opinions on my website revamp please.

Post by Hells Bells »

My website has had a bit of a going over recently, I've changed layout and text, added buttons, and removed broken links. Also added some guest comments directly to the apartment page from our Holiday Rentals reviews.
I've got some new photos to take on our next visit, particularly as the interior shots are starting to look a bit tired (or they are to me), and things have changed since they were taken. Some ideas for these would be appreciated.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

No-one with anything to say? Not even you newbies who haven't seen it before?

Oh well.
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

Helen it is fantastic. I thought the only disappointment is that there aren't more apartments to look at! It left me wanting more. Well done.

Just one thing - your terrace shot looks a bit cramped to me (but I know nothing about anything), but it does show all the other things you have.

Polly
Maurmc

Post by Maurmc »

Well done Helen on a great website!

I'm no expert, so I'm looking at this as a potential guest. There is lots of information, but in small chunks, broken up with photos, so it isn't information overload.

It's made easy for guests to book and find out your rates because of the link on every page. I find it a very "user-friendly" site and your great reviews would have anyone rushing to book!

Two comments
1. On the home page, the link to the Serre Che Winter page (between the two photos) didn't work for me. Other links work fine.

2. When I exited from looking at photos on picasa web, I had exited your website! Maybe I pressed the "wrong x", but I did it twice and it would be a shame to lose potential guests this way!

You have put a lot of work and thought into this site, well done you!
If you always do what you've always done then you'll always get what you've always got.

Apartment Mil Palmeras
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Thank you :oops: . I'll look at the photo galleries later as they are opening in a separate page for me. I am using Firefox, which browser were you using?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Polly, I agree about the terrace shot being crowded. One of the ones on my list to be retaken. The other ones I have make it look bare too.
We've bought some new loungers and I am off to Ikea in a moment to buy some planters to hook onto the wooden screen. A few geraniums will soon make it nice. I'm thinking of some herbs too. Suggestions from Alpine property owners as to what will survive the winter?
Maurmc

Post by Maurmc »

I was using Internet Explorer. I have Firefox also, tried it there and same thing happened!
If you always do what you've always done then you'll always get what you've always got.

Apartment Mil Palmeras
Windy

Post by Windy »

Looks very smart and professional Helen

I'd be tempted to give the YHM logo a white background as the word "approved" looks a bit blurry as it is.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I liked it very much...especially the 'logo' of sun and snowflakes. I'd carry that through to all your correspondance too.

The photos are comprehensive and through them I felt I got to know every area of the property. I also liked the information you had on the local area...as Maurmc said, all in bite-sized chunks. Plus the way you allowed your 'guests' to sell us the place.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

No-one with anything to say?
As if. Helen, your location is amazing and your website multi-layered and rich in content, so it's difficult to know where to start. But, wearing my photograper's hat, I wondered whether we'd still be talking if I opened up the shadow detail a little in the four lead pictures and knocked out some of the cold bluish cast? Here goes ...

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

All this stuff is subjective, of course, and you may prefer the original shots.

Jim
Windy

Post by Windy »

Jimbo

A purely personal reaction

I think you've improved the last two but the snow shots look better blue than green to my eye. Mind you the second looks better without the shadow and the first is improved by the lightening up. :-)
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Thanks Jim, sorry but I don't like the top one either, the trees are just too green, the forest is mainly larch, so turns brown in winter.
And of course I'm still talking to you, I can accept criticism when it's due, particularly when it is constructive.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Since you didn't like Jim's top one, here's another way to "improve" a photo without using photoshop.

I haven't touched the colour of the photo, but compare these:

BEFORE:
AFTER:
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Is it the contrast? I always check that out on the photos I use...it oftenmakes them sharper.

No expert Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
paolo

Post by paolo »

Helen, it looks very good. I always like to see a view looking out from a property so I know what the setting is. It doesn't have to be a stunning view, it is just reassuring to see there isn't a multi-storey carpark opposite.
Paolo
Lay My Hat