Discount for pensioners?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
harcourtv57

Discount for pensioners?

Post by harcourtv57 »

Had an enquiry today for next July ( :D ). However, they have asked what the rental for our apartment will be 'bearing in mind that they are pensioners' :roll:

Tempted to say, what discount did the airline and car hire company offer you for being pensioners - but that would be a bit mean . . . . .
pambon

Post by pambon »

I had a similar request 2 years ago - although they didn't actually request a discount but did subtly mention they were pensioners:wink:

Since it was for a week in October I gave them 10% off.

Funny...I never thought to ask for a pensioner discount when booking my August rental last year; how very remiss of me :cry:

Peak season is different - I would not be inclined to concede a discount. Perhaps you could suggest they come at another moment and have a small discount. I feel it's rather cheeky of them to wish to come in either July &/or August and expect a discount. NO!
harcourtv57

Post by harcourtv57 »

If it had been out of season when we may not have been booked up we would gladly have given a discount - however, this applies to anyone, not just pensioners.

Maybe when I booked this year's holiday I should have mentioned that we have only one income between the two of us, so could we have a discount :)
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

80% of my bookings are from pensioners and I've only ever had one asking me if they could have a discount. I told them that as a pensioner myself, if I could get a reduction on my electricity, water, community fees, taxes etc then yes of course I'd give them one. The woman apologised and still booked! They come evry year now and haven't asked again :lol:
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

I reluctantly have to comment that we have had more damage and mayhem in our villa from older people than anyone else.

I think it is a sort of violent rage of incomprehension because "things are not like they are at home", so they screw up the TV and satellite settings, they try to syphon the pool themselves (and cost me hundreds of litres to refill it), they bugger up kitchen white goods and they smash down doors and bust all the locks because they've forgotten where they put the key (why did they lock the bedroom door in the first place?)

Give me a family with young kids anyday :roll:

Moliere
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
enid

Post by enid »

I'm a pensioner but i wouldn't expect a special rate . You're right though Mols - beware of pensioners we can still party and we like to create havoc!
pambon

Post by pambon »

Crumbs Mols, I'm shocked at how the older generation behaves in your rental.

Last summer my girl-friend and I tiptoed around the house for 3 weeks :shock: We left the owners a large tray (for carrying table-ware into the dining room since one was not provided and a clothes drying frame, again not provided (we didn't use the drying function on the washing machine.)

Athough I say it myself we left the place perfect (and the owner thanked me at a later stage too :lol: )

Yes, I'm really shocked at your 'report' :(
Maurmc

Post by Maurmc »

Moliere wrote:I reluctantly have to comment that we have had more damage and mayhem in our villa from older people than anyone else.
What else would you expect?! It's why I'm looking forward to my troisième âge :lol:
[url]http://labyrinth_3.tripod.com/page59.html[/url]
If you always do what you've always done then you'll always get what you've always got.

Apartment Mil Palmeras
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

and a clothes drying frame, again not provided
My Mum had one those to help her get around the house :wink:

Bobby
pambon

Post by pambon »

Quote:
and a clothes drying frame, again not provided

Quote:
My Mum had one those to help her get around the house

Yep, I nearly had occasion to use it as such too, since our last week there I fell and badly injured my knee :)
LaVilleauTady

Re: Discount for pensioners?

Post by LaVilleauTady »

harcourtv57 wrote:Had an enquiry today for next July ( :D ). However, they have asked what the rental for our apartment will be 'bearing in mind that they are pensioners' :roll:
I would be tempted to reassure them that there was no extra charge for pensioners :)
enid

Post by enid »

Best response so far :D
harcourtv57

Post by harcourtv57 »

Yes that did make me smile :D

Mols you seem to have had a veritable rampage of pensioners!
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Dead right, Harcourt. There have been a few.

The worst, the ones who smashed the doors down, were a group of six, celebrating various birthdays (from 65 to 70) and not only did I give them a special rate, I even gave them a bottle of champagne! Perhaps that was my mistake - I should have given them tonic wine!

I'm verging on being a pensioner myself, but Heaven forfend that I should end up like that lot!

Mols :roll:
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Nah, cannot imagine you going down quietly Mols.....

You'll probably turn out to be our worst nightmare in your hectic retirement :lol:
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !