DOES ANYBODY RECOGNISE . . .

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Patia

DOES ANYBODY RECOGNISE . . .

Post by Patia »

Does anybody recognise this one as a scam please? It's got most of those warning bells hasn't it . . . The 'Dear (blank)' is just as it came through (from Villarama) and against enquirer's name it actually states 'Mme Marcos Anthoney'.

Dear,
Am Mr Marcos Anthoney i have been trying to locate at least one owner of a nice villa or Apartment that i can rent any way I am emailing you to request further information on your property as featured on the property owners.I am Marcos Anthoney from Brooklyn N y but we stays in here in the Great Britain for our business to be in progress.The dates I am interested in are March 1st 2006 checking in March 31st 2008 Chacking out:Or Rather March 1st 2006 Checinking in:April 31st 2006 Cheking out: And there will be people in our party.Please could you email me with your availability around this time along with any further information.
Kind Ragard
Mr Marcos

It does in fact give an address and telephone number . . . but I have to say I don't feel inclined to waste time and money by ringing the number, which looks a bit odd anyway.

Anyone think I'm wrong and that it might be worth pursuing?

Patia
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

In my opinion it is scam!
Cheers
PC
roxytoo

scam

Post by roxytoo »

Yes I think scam too! R they checking out before they check in??? :lol:
Patia

Post by Patia »

Thanks for replying Paul and Meishka . . . yes, the phrasing is strange to say the least isn't it. I particularly liked 'And there will be people in our party' . . . as opposed to what I wonder . . . !!

No . . . I've had a trying day . . . I think I'll use my time in pouring a restorative drink rather than wasting my energy on this nonsense.

Thanks again!
Patia
Emdee

Post by Emdee »

I am writing to you to let you know that you are one of several owners who received an enquiry from Mrsgeri_marcos@yahoo.com over the weekend. The enquiry was either blank or contained the text attached below.

Unfortunately this seems to be an attempt from the same individual who sent an enquiry using the email Jose_Thompson2@yahoo.it last weekend. While this attempt was only sent to a handful of owners instead of the previous blanket enquiry, the grammar and spelling leave little doubt as to the sender and should be ignored.

Once again please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Renting-abroad.com Support

Fake enquiry:

Enquirer's details:
Name: Mr Marcos Anthoney
E-mail: Mrsgeri_marcos@yahoo.com
Tel: +0132834
No. in party: 1 (including 0 children)
Arriving: -/-
Leaving: -/-

And so on....
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Cheers! while you enjoy your restorative drink take a good look at the following site www.419eater.com
Cheers
PC
Patia

Post by Patia »

Well, thank you Emdee . . . it was kind of you to pass that information on to me . . . that just about puts the tin lid on it then . . .

Paul - That does look like fun but, on the other hand, if I reply then they will have my e-mail address won't they? Perhaps this is one for my Special File . . . where I write whatever I want to . . . but never actually send it . . . very therapeutic . . .

Patia
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Keep it in that Special File!! this site can take over your life.......but a Lagos lad out of action is worth every penny in my book......
Cheers
PC
paolo

Post by paolo »

Am Mr Marcos Anthoney
The first sign of a scam is that a great many of them start like this: "I am [name]..."

I can't imagine a genuine enquiry starting like this.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
PeeJay

Post by PeeJay »

Recieved this today sounds like the same guy.
To all Click 4 Sun customers,

Please do not reply to any email enquiries from Jose_Arose@yahoo.es we believe that this person is a spammer and may try to obtain information from you.

Today this person has emailed over 200 people in the Click 4 Sun database. They have also sent out the same email under a different email address of Mrsgeri_marcos@yahoo.com I would therefore suggest that you do not reply to these emails.

Click 4 Sun will be reporting this user to Yahoo.

Many Thanks

Adrian (Click 4 Sun)
Emdee

Post by Emdee »

More:

"Unfortunately another set of fake enquiries have been sent from the site (copy below). We have checked the IP address of the sender from our logs and can confirm that the same individual has been responsible for the mails purportedly from Jose_Thompson2@yahoo.it, Paul_Marklay@yahoo.co.uk and Mrsgeri_marcos@yahoo.com. "