Free ad sites? Confused?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Washy

Free ad sites? Confused?

Post by Washy »

Have just followed a link from Jimadept to French Accommodation, a site that was listed as a free ad site.
I followed the links to register, adding name and address, e-mail etc. then clicked to complete and was confronted by a page asking for 110euros now by Paypal or cheque - 'To keep my ads on the site'. I had not even written anything about my property.....I hope I am not now going to be chased for money by this organisation for nothing???
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Washy,

The French Accommodation Website clearly says:-

"From the launch of this website you will get free advertising until September 2005 and only if you are 100% satisfied at the end of this period will you then be asked to pay ₤75.00 (110.00 Euros) per year to keep your property listed on our website, but you are under no obligation what so ever to continue to use our service."

Now that September is behind us, you should not be surprised to be asked to pay to be included. My advice is, to avoid disappointment, always read the small-print.

Alan
Washy

Free ads? Confused?

Post by Washy »

Well I am not worried about being disappointed....I am only concerned I was being asked for money just to register!!
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Washy,

OK! but there is nothing misleading. On the Website's home page it does clearly say "To register and add your property".

Alan
paolo

Post by paolo »

Washy,

I wouldn't expect anything from the free sites (that way you won't be disappointed). The one I would bother with is the free trial period on www.holidaylets.net (two months? one month? can't remember). But I wouldn't start that one now, I would wait till we are into the full-on booking season, which usually starts around Christmas/New Year.
Paolo
Lay My Hat