Review Request - French barn conversion, sleeps 8-10 w/ pool

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
sammyboy

own website

Post by sammyboy »

Hi all

I have also created my own website recently but not even any viewings,would you mind having a look and tell me whats wrong with it, "but please be gentle"

thanks gitechataigne.webs.com
gite-poitou-charentes.co.uk
La Chouette

Re: own website

Post by La Chouette »

sammyboy wrote:Hi all

I have also created my own website recently but not even any viewings,would you mind having a look and tell me whats wrong with it, "but please be gentle"

thanks gitechataigne.webs.com
Hi Sammyboy

I'm one of the proof-reading queens here, so my first thought is that you, or someone else, proof read your site really carefully.

This first thing that's hits you is the fact that your navigation bar is a mixture of lower and upper case, with some of the buttons capitalised and others not. Your home page needs to grab the reader's attention and if there are those sort of errors it can put the reader off.

I'm sure Jimbo the photography expert will be along soon as your header photo could probably be improved.

When I'm doing our website (which I am at the mo, so a completely reworked effort will be here soon for appraisal if I ever get it finished)I like to look at others' efforts and even have a bookmarked folder of 'admired websites'. I find it's good to look at others and see what layout or other element of the website you particularly like and why, and then use these ideas in your own. Just a thought....

Jan
Don Ciccio

Post by Don Ciccio »

I believe vrooj moved this here as it was in a different forum directory, however, sammyboy has another thread in this directory to which a couple of us have responded;

www.laymyhat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12449