Is Website Difficult to Read?

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
apexblue

Is Website Difficult to Read?

Post by apexblue »

Could you please check www.northwalesholidaylets.co.uk and say if you have trouble reading it due to the text being too dark. Many thanks.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
Vera

Post by Vera »

No problem with the shade of text but IMHO there is too much use of CAPITALS and the lovely photo could do with a bit of fill light to bring it to life.
lorca

Post by lorca »

text fine for me too - and I agree about the caps, which tend to SHOUT and interrupt the flow making the copy harder to read.
James3214

Post by James3214 »

I couldn't read any of the text and I can't understand how other LMH'rs can. I am using a Internet Explorer (V6) browser are you using something different?
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

Think this is going to get technical. Text fine for us too. Caps removed. Thank you.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

Margaret

Post by Margaret »

I think the para above the photo is in bold, which seems a little 'unsubtle'? No problems with readability though. I was disappointed by the use of the space under the photo.
Vera

Post by Vera »

Text looks the same in IE, FF and Chrome from here.

I only looked at the home page earlier now I've had a quick skim through the rest and think there is too much bold. It tends to lose any impact when over used.

How about standardise with the leading paragraph in blue and the rest in black, maybe blue again to highlight points like property features. It's something to play with, you'll know when it looks right.
James3214

Post by James3214 »

Maybe I am colour blind? Do you have any colour blind people staying in your properties Apex? I think we may know why now?
Don Ciccio

Post by Don Ciccio »

Too many capitals and too much bolding means that its no longer relevant when something is bolded.

Fine site otherwise. L:ike the colour combinations

Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

... say if you have trouble reading it ...
I have trouble 'reading' your front page picture because it's too dark. Which is a great pity because it's a fine shot and would be much improved (IMO) with the shadows opened a little to allow it to better strut its stuff.

Jim

Image Image
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

Merci beaucoup Jimbo

Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Merci beaucoup ...
You're very welcome apexblue. Photos in distress call to me and I'm their Sir Launcelot riding to the rescue. Looks much better now (I think).

Jim
James3214

Post by James3214 »

I've just looked at the website using my Macbook and Firefox and it is totally different to what I saw using a PC and IE6 today.
What I see now is a white background before the background sea picture. Totally clear to read. In actual fact it now looks fine and readable. Why is it different under a PC with Internet Explorer?