How big is a big pool?

For anything to do with the garden and pool
olive

How big is a big pool?

Post by olive »

When our neighbours advertise their 5 b&b rooms they promise a "big" pool.
This pool is 12x6m, which I would not call "big" for 10 persons, but does it matter?
Well yes, apparently. A guest is complaining of misrepresentation, saying that 7m2 per person is a tight fit.
Has anybody worked out how many m2 of pool water each guest would "get" if everybody used their pool at the same time? I started to think about this but when I began to visualise the guests holding a tape measure to defend their water rights I gave up.
Has anybody else been confronted with this accusation (it sounds more like non-compliance with trading standards, but here "bananas" come to mind, in both senses)??
ps
Our 12x5 pool is less "big" than our neighbour's, but as it takes a max of 4 persons it really is a lot bigger. I'm thinking of advertisiing it as a "whopping 15m2 per person pool".
Marks

Post by Marks »

I guess if you advertise your pool as y metres x z metres and don't descibe it as huge, large, big etc then potential guests can make their own minds up about how many square metres of water they get.

Friend of mine advertises a 6 x 2m pool for 4 people - no complaints.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
olive

Post by olive »

" a 6 x 2m pool for 4 people"
Gulp! That's 3m2 per swimming person. (I suppose that's better than a shower if you just want to stand in water, without stretching out your arms each side. Or not.)

Wise of your friend to mention the dimensions.
Marks

Post by Marks »

Rarely are 4 people in it at the same time. He usually attracts families with young kids so it's ideal.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.