Sun creams and pool liners

For anything to do with the garden and pool
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

found this....

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Stain-removal ... 0000953130

also noticed a couple of articles suggesting soaking in white vinegar.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I've got some Stain Devlis at work which I shall add to my list of things to test on the stains. I've got my kit together, but the sun disappeared, and I need to test it out in the sun. A couple of years back I had stains on a t-shirt which I am sure appeared in the sunlight.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

This is interesting:

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf325054.tip.html

I now have my first stains on coloured duvet covers. I'm reluctant to try lemon in case it bleaches so will give vinegar a go as I can't find anythin here that is for rust removal.
Wish me luck...as they are brand new this season and I currently don't have replacements.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

Good luck Mousie, ... thinking of you. Let us know what happens...
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Here is one of the former threads on the subject of pool liners and suntan creams - go straight to page 2 and about halfway down. A certain Alan Knighting had some useful advice! viewtopic.php?t=689&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
enid

Post by enid »

We have guests who are here for their 4th year and lasy year they used the coloured suncream that stains so badly. They saw for themselves the problems it caused on our pool steps (we have ceramic tiles around the rest of the pool that's easy to clean). this year she tells me that she particularly chose a colour free lotion and in fact the one she is using is clear and no problems on the steps.

I have always been a big fan of white towels and bedding - I can manage the bedding but I am slowly changing over to coloured towels as I am losing so many every season.
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Same here Enid. My white towels are on their way out too.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Enid, just as you are phasing out white towels, I am phasing them in however! I was disappointed when towels were showing signs of having come near bleach or similar.

Bleach or fake tan - I suspect we're caught between the devil and the deep blue bath!

(*post edited by admin to remove reference to deleted posts)
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

LOL! It was bleach on blue towels that made me decide to invest in white.

Having had both though, I've had to replace more white than coloured. So far.
enid

Post by enid »

I do worry that coloured ones will mark in some other way but this has been our worst year ever for stained towels. I had new bath sheets this year and a whole set were ruined after one use.

(*post edited by admin to remove reference to deleted posts)
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

My coloured towels are proving to be far more robust than cream ones.
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

oh foo. I got two colours from the same supplier - one lot are lilac, the other are a turquoise. The turquoise ones seem to suffer very badly with bleach stains yet the lilac ones don't.

My cleaner and i were discussing this at the weekend - both lots of towels get the same treatment and are washed at the same laundry. Why would one lot consistently suffer bleachmarks and the other not? Unless maybe the lilac ones just happen to be more colour fast?

Aside from that, they don't show any other marks.... just the bleach.
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

I have removed some off-topic posts and edited a couple of others that referred to them but otherwise stayed on topic. It was a very civil disagreement, but it was out of place in this thread.

Having just been on vacation myself, I became the inadvertent perpetrator of a staining incident. A strange yellow stain appeared on my towel, so my new bottle of sunblock apparently had the culprit ingredient(s) in it. (On top of that, it also didn't work very well.)

It was my aunt's towel that I was using, and I felt badly about it, but thanks to you all on LMH I was able to give her some pointers for removing the stain. :)
Brooke
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Just reporting back (for those of us who don't seem to have a life these days :P )

The yellow stains on the coloured duvet covers didn't come out with vinegar but did with lemon juice and it didn't bleach the colour at all (thank god!).

Mouse (relieved)
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

Well done mousie! I hope you celebrated by using the rest of the lemon in a nice big G&T :lol: