Business Tenants

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
Moira

Business Tenants

Post by Moira »

Hi, This is our first season, the summer has gone fairly well with holiday bookings but as we are in Glasgow I was hoping to tap into the business market for the winter months. Does anyone know of any agencies that you can register with for this type of market. I've sent out a few emails to relocation companies etc, but no replies so far. Any suggestions welcome. :)

www.baronyapartments.com
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

We get our winter business from those who have to come off site Jan/Feb in statics. My sister in law works in the local letting agency so get business from her - have you contacted your local estate/letting agents?
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
Moira

Post by Moira »

Thanks, in the process of going around the letting agencies. Trying to be proactive before I start to panic about few bookings. :)

www.baronyapartments.com
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Yes, thank you from me, too.

I'm contacting all the letting agents for our town now also.

I'm also interested in tapping into potential business customers visiting the town where I live.

We have an arts venue in town which often has visiting performers who sometimes stay a while, so that might be a good first port of call for us.

I wonder what other businesses might attract people who have to stay in a few nights in a town or city.

Banks / auditors ...?
Solicitors ...?
Training companies ...?

Has anyone any ideas? If we can 'put the word out' to the right kinds of companies, if only to let them know of our existence, it surely gives you a chance of some out of season bookings and, in particular, the weekday nights rather than the weekends which I'm personally finding aren't as popular even though the price for Mon-Fri (4 nights) is the same as Fri-Mon (3 nights).
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
Moira

Post by Moira »

Hi, Great minds! I'm in the process of drafting a letter to send out to some theatre companies that are coming to Glasgow. The problem with general businesses is that unless you get the name of someone then letters, emails tend to get binned. No reason not to persevere though! I've also joined some networking organisation to try and up my profile and have made a couple of good contacts.
Moira

Post by Moira »

Just remembered, I found a useful website, if you take longer bookings and have a hospital nearby. It could be worth registering with them. http://www.relocatingdoctors.co.uk
Not a business but potential other source of bookings.

www.baronyapartments.com
Nuthatch

Post by Nuthatch »

Most of our out-of-season lets are for small groups (6 people) who want a long weekend to celebrate a birthday/ family get-together/ anniversary etc. There seems to be a 40th birthday or 50th wedding anniversary every week! Mid-week bookings are more difficult to shift, although I tend to price the weekends quite high (78% of the weekly rate in low season) so it's not the end of the world if the mid-weeks don't sell.

We do also have a few theatre bookings, although I'd have to say that a family group tends to be considerably cleaner than a theatre group (in my not-very-vast experience). We've also picked up a couple of bookings from IT consultants who needed to be in the area for a few days.

Our bookings often come through the local town website - well worth the £30 a year it costs for the advert. We've also managed to get into the local press quite a few times which has helped get our name known locally - there's at least one instance where a local business sent an enquiry our way just from reading about us in the newspaper.