Longer Let Contract

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
mrsathome

Longer Let Contract

Post by mrsathome »

Hi, we have had an enquiry about a longer let over the winter months. As we are a holiday let we are limited to just over twenty weeks for a long term let to meet the criteria for holiday letting.

All the contracts we have found on line are for assured tennancies, i.e. a minimum of six months. What we are really looking for is an out of season holiday let agreement, for a period greater that the thirty one days maximimum allowed for a holiday let but shorter than the six month assured tennancy. We are based in Scotland if that makes any difference.

Ian
Moira

Post by Moira »

Hi, I have an apartment in Glasgow and have just had a similar enquiry. Like yourself I've searched the web, it looks like it would have to be an assured tenancy which I would not be keen to do. I know some other people who rent out so I'll ask around and let you know if I find out anything. I was thinking the Citizens Advice may be able to help.
mrsathome

Post by mrsathome »

After a lot of research, I've decided to go with our holiday let contract, adapted as an 'Out of Season holiday Let' agreement.

I don't think the short assured tenancy agreement is any use as it must be for a minimum of 6 months. As a holiday let we are limited to 155 days (or something very close to that - can't remember exactly)

I posted a question to www.landlordzone.co.uk, who replied and directed me to www.legalhelpers.co.uk. By that time I had adapted my contract and didn't get in touch with them.

Be interested to know how you get on at CAB though.
Moira

Post by Moira »

I'll keep in touch, if I have any progress.