Renovating plastic garden furniture.

For anything to do with the garden and pool
Brier

Post by Brier »

An old thread I know but for anyone with the black mottling on white furniture then we have found that the Starwax anti-mould product (anti-moisissures) helps a lot. Spray it on, leave a few minutes, rub with sponge and our very discoloured sunbeds were almost like new. More details on these threads:

viewtopic.php?t=4505&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

viewtopic.php?t=4558
tessa

Post by tessa »

Our's bobbed about in the pool for a few days (between guests!)...came out sparkling white!
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

tessa wrote:Our's bobbed about in the pool for a few days (between guests!)...came out sparkling white!
What an intriguing idea, will try and report back. Does it work with dogs and teenagers?
Eventually, I got around to trying this out and, yes, it does work - thanks tessa! Not perfectly on deeper scuffs and I'd worry about the chlorine attacking the plastic if furniture was left for too long, but they certainly come out cleaner than when they went in.

Jim
Last edited by Jimbo on Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
T.S.

Post by T.S. »

In the U.S. there is a spray paint made for plastic outdoor furniture. It is available at the local hardware store. The company is Krylon. The paint is called Outdoor Spaces. It comes in several finishes (metallic, hammered, satin, textured) and several colors. I don't know if this product is available everywhere, but where it is not, perhaps you can find a similar product in its place. Here it is: http://www.krylon.com/products/categori ... or_spaces/
JasmineEvs

Post by JasmineEvs »

I use my steam cleaner to remove the stains on my plastic garden furniture. Once a month I clean them thoroughly with it and they look like new ones though my children make them quite dirty. I think that is quite easy and useful method for cleaning.
tavi

Post by tavi »

I used that aerosol white paint (€2 a can at the local Chinese shop) on a (years old) white plastic drinks table in my own garden this summer. Gave it a new lease of life.

Am planning to try it on my sunbeds which have gone all manner of black/grey/grainy etc.

The holiday apartment has wooden balcony furniture, so no problems there...yet!