Green pool

For anything to do with the garden and pool
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Vera wrote:
la vache! wrote:I've got them, they were sent as a free gift by an online pool company who messed up an order I made. I don't like them and prefer using the tablets to test pH and chlorine. I'm glad I didn't pay for them.
I can't see what's not to like, they are so simple, probably a bit more expensive ? they cost 10 euros for 50 strips locally and give you more information. I have the dropper system and as I have loads of the solution use both at the moment.
http://tinyurl.com/2ukljqw
I was referring to the electronic testing gadgets.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

No surprises? Thumbs up from the younger generation for the electronic pool gadget; thumbs down from those with slightly more miles on their odometers.

Me, I’ve always viewed the ‘pills and potions’ testing kits with slight suspicion – too much like those school chemistry sets that we used to make smells and bangs. And I do love a gadget with a red digital readout. But 85 Euros … ?

Jim
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

I think I'm with Jimbo on this one, though I've never used an electronic pool tester.

What is the advantage supposed to be? Testing the pool is pretty easy, isn't it? And it's very accurate as long as you follow the simple instructions. I test our pool at home every other day or so and check the chlorine (free & residual), pH, and total alkalinity. Other tests are done by my local pool supply store for free if I bring them a water sample, which I do once in a great while unless something goes awry.

I'm all for gadgets, but what am I missing?
Brooke