New Tourist Number for Emergencies: Easy Italia

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
pambon

New Tourist Number for Emergencies: Easy Italia

Post by pambon »

It may be of interest to property owners to learn that the Italian Ministry of Tourism has opened a call-centre with telephonists speaking seven foreign languages to help tourists in difficult (and probably not so difficult!) situations. It is called Easy Italia.

Two Spanish tourists used it this week when they were stranded on their ropes and harnesses up a mountain and the call-centre helped in providing the exact destination to the emergency services - something the Spaniards were unable to explain themselves. Apparently the emergency services also use this number when dealing with foreigners who are unable to make themselves understood!

The number is: 039 039 039
seaturtle

Post by seaturtle »

Hi Pambon from the hills of Noto!

I did a dry-run calling 119 to test what they'd be like in an emergency & wasn't surprised at all to find they didn't have a word of English.

Does that 039039039 number only work from Italian numbers or could British guests somehow use it by adding a prefix for example?

BR

Seaturtle
pambon

Post by pambon »

That post was some years ago so I wouldn't be surprised if it's not working anymore!

To reply to you query I believe it is/was a number that could only be called from Italy.

I think the number 112 is an emergency number valid in much of Europe. Have no idea if they speak English though!

All the best for a good season. I have closed my business and confess I miss the contact with my international guests but enjoy a hassle free life!
seaturtle

Post by seaturtle »

Apologies for the late reply - had a crazy few weeks since ladri pilfered two kilometers of cable. Guests were understanding but in the end still wanted a refund!
seaturtle

Post by seaturtle »

Apologies for the late reply - had a crazy few weeks since ladri pilfered two kilometers of cable. Guests were understanding but in the end still wanted a refund!