The Perfect Guest!

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
KathyG

The Perfect Guest!

Post by KathyG »

Received an email at 17:08 today: "Hi Kathy, I would like to book your property for the dates shown. Please could you advise how we go about paying the deposit? "

I replied at 17:54 with booking form etc.

At 18:39 I received this: "I've transferred £375 to the account specified. I have also completed the booking form and attached a scan of it. Would you also like me to send a copy in the post?"

All wrapped up in an hour and a half! God, I wish they were all like this! :D

Have already told him he's the perfect guest, hope he turns out to be so during his stay......
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Good grief Kathy, that's the world record I think! Well done - he sounds the kind who will pay the balance without chasing, arrive on time, not damage or break anything and leave the property spotless! :D
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Tempting fate Jane....... :shock:
Kathy
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Chill KG - some people do start as they mean to continue so let's hope he's one of them!
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Isn't it nice when it goes so smoothly..? :)

I'm sure you'll have no problems.
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Sade sang:
His eyes are like angels, his heart is cold
No need to ask. He's a smooth operator ...
Too smooth by half, Kathy. 'Would you also like me to send a copy in the post?". Hah! A detail too far. I read about these guys all the time in Somerset Maugham short stories and there'e never a happy ending. Just be careful if he turns up dressed like the Man from Del Monte ...

Jim
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Well thanks Jimbo, can't wait! :roll:
Kathy
Windy

Post by Windy »

Good grief Kathy, that's the world record I think!
Nope I beat that last night :lol:

Enquiry by phone call at 8:30 - booking and payment made by credit card during the call and on line booking form received 5 minutes later. It took me 5 more minutes to complete all the associated admin (entering the payment in the accounts, emailing cleaner, updating calendars etc), but it was defo my fastest booking completion ever!

But then there's always the ones who don't understand the concept of a final balance and the meaning of the words "payable by".....
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Jimbo wrote:Just be careful if he turns up dressed like the Man from Del Monte ...
:lol: You mean like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft_iAYoKh0Y

.... or like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6AmFLU5QVQ
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Good job I won't be onsite! :shock:
Kathy
barbersdrove

Post by barbersdrove »

Just be careful if he turns up dressed like the Man from Del Monte ..
Careful now...The man from Del Monte booked our place for a week a few years ago when he was appearing in Dad's Army on it's national tour. So I have a nice comment in my guest book from 'The Man from Del Monte) :D

He was actually a nice mature actor by the name of Brian Jackson (I think it was)
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

I am sure it will all go according to plan Katie, but the only one I have ever had that completed within an hour of enquiry took with them two pillows and pillowcases, broke a shower, used soft wood on the barbecue which caused nasty smoke up the painted front, fiddled endlessly with the pool circulation system (denied all knowledge) plus a few other instances of lack of respect/carelessness. We also lost two bedspreads round about that time but the jury is out on whether it was them as they were not in use at the time.

Unfortunately we agreed to check them out (including returning deposit) the evening before departure as they wanted to leave in the middle of the night. Never again!
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

barbersdrove wrote:So I have a nice comment in my guest book from 'The Man from Del Monte) :D
Did he just write "Yes!"...?
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.