Pool...cleaning the white stone surround

For anything to do with the garden and pool
Ju

Post by Ju »

Question for the pressure washer fans (that includes me)

What do you do when there are water restrictions in place? We have had a ban for at least 6 weeks preventing any use other than watering the veg garden at night and early morning. I have to clean the surround of the new property next week, but can't use the Karcher. Any other suggestions?
gardenboy

Post by gardenboy »

the stone surround on a pool is called the coronation stone.

To clean it you can use a jet wash but it is a bit severe & just takes off the top layer, you can be left with stripes too. Blast it too long in 1 place & you make a hole.

I use liquid cloro from a pool shop - 12e for a big drum. Spray it on with a sprayer or paint it on, use a breathing mask as it is dangerous stuff.

Leave on couple of hours & wash off with a hose & fresh water. Reapply to stubborn marks.

I also clean ballustrade in the same way.

Hope it helps!
pitway

Post by pitway »

Ju wrote:Question for the pressure washer fans (that includes me)

What do you do when there are water restrictions in place? We have had a ban for at least 6 weeks preventing any use other than watering the veg garden at night and early morning. I have to clean the surround of the new property next week, but can't use the Karcher. Any other suggestions?
I use a product (B NET Gros Travaux sp?) the label is blue and red, it is in the bleach isle of most major supermakets 5 ltrs about 5euros.

spray that on your tiles with a garden sprayer preferably on a damp day (we've had a few of them here lately :( ) it has always worked for me and have never had to pressure wash.

Sprayed my house with it too her in doors is nagging me to do the top half now as the house has a tide mark!! give it a go 5 euros it got to be worth it

Tim

PS if you ever get those black mildewy patches in bathrooms keep a bit in a hand sprayer a light misting of this stuff and it just disappears.
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

Just a warning the bleach you are talking about is great but around 5 times stronger than normal bleach if you put it in a sprayer & inhale, you can damage your lungs. I cleaned the walls of my house with it (its the only thing that worked after trying loads of product some v. expensive). I wore a good mask but became a blonde!!!!.
To clean the surround of the pool i use diluted brome shock if you use chlorine in the pool I would suggest chlor shock. You can make it as strong as you need.
pitway

Post by pitway »

Sorry, yes I should have said that, I did get a little whiff up my nose in a confined space and it is pretty potent!! but I think Bassman has just confirmed that it is pretty effective stuff, well I swear by it, I believe it is witch craft in disguise!!!