Website Review Please

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Jo Tomkinson

Website Review Please

Post by Jo Tomkinson »

Would appreciate your comments on www.villas-apart.co.uk
Having had this domain name for the last 2 years - just got round to getting the site done (not by me personally). Ignore the link to Useful Information - this links to a website I did myself through Freewebs and I have now got to change this to useful information about Turkey.
accommodation-in-spain

Post by accommodation-in-spain »

Well I like the colours you have used and it is easy to navigate around which is great. The only thing I would say is that maybe you should add on the villa details (when you click into each villa) that they are in Turkey like you have done with the Spanish one just in case someone gets in a pickle and books a Turkish villa when they have flights to Spain :lol:

The photos of the properties are great too.

Well done
www.Costa-Luz-Holiday.com - your on-line holiday brochure for the Costa de la Luz
Jo Tomkinson

Website Review

Post by Jo Tomkinson »

I see what you mean about referring to Turkey when clicking on the villas. It is always good to get someone totally new to look things over as like you, you can pick up the obvious. Anyway, cheers for that

Jo
Ju

Post by Ju »

Hi Jo

A couple of comments for you.

Nice site, but it took a while to load even on broadband. There seem to be alot of Java scripts come up on my firewall. I'm not a techie so I don't know how to avoid it.

You mention the Dolmus route several times but don't say what it is. You also have quite a negative comment on one of the pages "please bear in mind that Uzumlu is in a rural location and the dolmus does not run as regularly as down by the coast." I think it is the please bear in mind bit. I would try to avoid this on the main villa page.

I would like to see a map of where the villas are, and also a link form the villa pages to the relevant town. I know they are on the menu bar but as the names are not familiar I didn't spot it at first.

Overall a good site though.

Ju
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

It seems to be a clear and concise site.It loaded quickly for me.There wasn't a lot of info on there but maybe that's a good thing? Best of luck :lol:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

Hello Jo. Good luck with getting your website done. I have just tried to have a look at it but it was taking ages to download. I waited two minutes and then gave up I'm afraid :cry: . And I wanted to have a look - potential customers may be less patient than I am! I will try again though as, from other comments, it sounds like a good site.
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

Hi Jo

It's not a one-off - I just waited two minutes and it hadn't loaded. You must have something big on the first page.

Johb
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Jo,

There is a fundamental problem here. Either the web address you have given us is wrong or your server is down.

I have tried to access your Website using Internet Explorer, Netscape and Firefox. All returned the same basic answer:-

"The page cannot be displayed. The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties........"

Using a Google search I can find references to The Paris Pages; Villa Katife, Calis Beach; and Villa Aysun, Uzumlu. The links to your Website don't work from any of them.

Alan
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Jo,

I think you already knew the answer to the problem. "Looks like they are doing server updates at the moment." How can anyone make comment on a Website when it is not available?

The proper way to deal with a server update is to post a page which says so. Otherwise people, particularly on dial-up modems, spend ages waiting for nothing and pay telephone charges while they are doing so. Jo, I'm not getting at you personally but this is an example of a lack of appreciation of how to do things properly. Does the person in charge of your Website really know what he/she is doing? I think not!

Those who would like to look at Jo's offerings should go to http://www.villas-apart.net/ but don't try to look at the individual properties. They link to http://www.villas-apart.co.uk/ and that site is not available.

Alan
Jo Tomkinson

Website Down

Post by Jo Tomkinson »

Hi,

To all of you who were kind enough to try and review my website on 20th November - as you are aware the site is down, I can only assume the provider is servicing or something!! T
The website was only built about 3 weeks ago and this is the second time it has been down. I have just emailed the guy who built my website and asked him for his recommendations. I have had this villas-apart.co.uk website for about 2 years and not done anything with it other than register the name. I purchased it through formations house when we purchased the name for the company - obviously not a good move as far as websites go.

The last time it was down, it was down for about 24 hours. Would still appreciate your views if you have the patience to try again sometime in the near future.

Therefore my recommendation to othes is to avoid formations house as your website host.

Thanks

Jo