Advise please

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
camel

Advise please

Post by camel »

My property in Piemonte is accessed through a common road mud road which me along the neighbours are responsible (viginale) for the upkeep. Every time there are heavy rain the road surface gets washed out and cannot be accessed by car. The neigbours mainly farmers use their tractors so it does not affect them to get to their fields.

My question is. Can any one recommend a solution please ?????
bananacake

Post by bananacake »

we used to have something similar to this a long time ago and we got a petition and got the commune to pave the road. it did also involve regular visits to the commune to make it happen. ie it did not happen over night! would this be possible in your case?
camel

subject

Post by camel »

Thanks. The problem is that we are four of us and apart from myself the situation does not affect others as they use their tractors.

They will not get involved in the petition as it does not affect them. As I am not there all year round visits to the Commune is not possible.
bananacake

Post by bananacake »

hmmm tricky one... will the neighbors be kind enough to sign your petition anyway? in the long run it will benefit even your neighbors? try speaking with the comune first - perhaps they already have plans to pave the road?
lushsandwich

Post by lushsandwich »

Knowing the speed of the communes..........the best bet would appear to be to ask the farmers to level the road with the tractors.
our neighbours are always sympathetic.

sandwich
camel

subject

Post by camel »

Only one of the farmer is friendly & he had done it for a small cost. The problem with the heavy rain & being a slope the top surface gets washed out & needs to be refilled until it rains again.

If others have some solution i.e. non tarmac one's. which could handle the -15*, snow & flooding in winter's and not mention trucks & tractors using the road. I will be grateful
ccazes

Post by ccazes »

Doesn't the fact that your neighbours use tractors and heavy trucks make the holes and conditions worse in winter than if only cars and smaller vehicles pass by there?
Maybe you could put it to them that they are damaging the road to the point where you could never hope to pass in your car and there needs to be something done so that everyone can use the road....
Bit of a long shot but you never know...