odd questions.....

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
CharlieOx

odd questions.....

Post by CharlieOx »

Call from California yesterday:-

Caller: "Are there any sheep near the accommodation?"

Me: "Sorry, did you say 'sheep'?"

Caller: "yes sheep, how far would i have to travel before i saw some sheep please?"

Should i be worried? more importantly should the local sheep be worried!! :lol:
Blanche

Post by Blanche »

Could be a farmer? I knew a fisherman who wouldn't book a place if it wasn't in sight of the sea.
La Maison du Curé
www.cormatin.eu
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

What appeals to one person in one country can be taken for granted by someone in another.

A US citizen may well have seen pictures of the English countryside, dotted with sheep, and for whatever reason, that may have struck a chord. They may have no idea of how common a sight it is.

I know an American who was just fascinated by the (dry stone) walls in our area, something we just grow up with and take for granted.
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

I saw a question on a reputable travel forum asking about locations of cattle markets in Europe.
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

hehehehehehe. I'd be worried...except...they are American...so I wouldn't be one bit!!! I was at a family wedding in Ireland and a few of the kids were outside by a fence with a bunch of sheep in the background and I wanted to take a photo...my Irish husband was mortified...can't get over the fascination with sheep ;-) It's just very idyllic and not common in the US...seriously - it's just the "typical" English scene from their imagination.
LaVilleauTady

Post by LaVilleauTady »

I think my next question in that conversation would have been

Me: "why?"

:lol:
Breton Girl

Post by Breton Girl »

We had one potential guest who asked if the footpaths through the nearby forest were protected against bulls and sheepdogs. :? :?
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

We can guarantee them sheep by the cartload here. Rough Fell mostly, black faces, not very pretty......

"Say, can you tell me why the sheep have got what seems to be red paint on their backsides?"

"Arrr - that'll be the tup's raddle bag."

Exit confused tourist, possibly looking sheepish.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Margaret wrote:I saw a question on a reputable travel forum asking about locations of cattle markets in Europe.
The poster did not really have a clue on where to go in Spain so up popped a 1000 suggestions.
One that seemed to hit the mark was the city of Sevilla. The poster has just had a baby but and then started asking is the city save for a baby; Is there a good hospital close by? Pharmacies etc? How small of a town is this?
She had seen a video on line but it did not answer these question.
Finally signed off with a question about is she paranoid.
alter posting went bouncing around a lot of the other suggested locations. Finally they think that Sevilla will be too hot in April.

I am speechless!
:oops:
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
lorca

Post by lorca »

casasantoestevo wrote:
Margaret wrote:I saw a question on a reputable travel forum asking about locations of cattle markets in Europe.
The poster did not really have a clue on where to go in Spain so up popped a 1000 suggestions.
One that seemed to hit the mark was the city of Sevilla. The poster has just had a baby but and then started asking is the city save for a baby; Is there a good hospital close by? Pharmacies etc? How small of a town is this?
She had seen a video on line but it did not answer these question.
Finally signed off with a question about is she paranoid.
alter posting went bouncing around a lot of the other suggested locations. Finally they think that Sevilla will be too hot in April.

I am speechless!
:oops:
Well they may well be right. The baby would need to be up for a party - whatever the weather, Sevilla´s April Feria can get pretty steamy for those not used to Spanish fiestas :wink: