Free Availability Calendar

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
dreamer

Free Availability Calendar

Post by dreamer »

Hi All

I have used RentersToolkit for the past 3 years. I inserted the HTML when they changed names but have not been able to change the calendar to the correct dates.
I just wonder what other reliable sites you may use.

Many thanks
Windy

Post by Windy »

I use dateblocker dot com and recommend it to the owners who use the local listing site I run as well.

Apart from a brief spell when it was very slow it's proved very reliable over the last 3 years.
dreamer

Post by dreamer »

Thanks Windy, it worked a treat and I can now show the correct availability!

Have a good day
orroland

Post by orroland »

Thanks Windy.

I'd be interested to know about any other free availability calendars that are working well for people too.
www.orroland.com

and

SuperControl online booking system -www.supercontrol.co.uk
MyVRZone

Post by MyVRZone »

orroland wrote:Thanks Windy.

I'd be interested to know about any other free availability calendars that are working well for people too.
I provide a free calendar system to over 500 users that:
* synchronizes to the major advertising sites (in or out)
* can be embedded on your own site with customization
* can be added to your personal calendars on your iPhone or desktop via the iCal format.

Changes in one place ripple through to all the others.

Please see this article for links to examples and more info:
http://www.myvrzone.com/blog/synchroniz ... calendars/

Cheers,
Neil
www.MyVRZone.com - Vacation Rental Management Software
www.emeraldislandorlando.com - Emerald Island Resort VR
www.windsorpalmsorlando.com - Windsor Palms Resort VR
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I am currently using one from www.rentalcalendarsdirect.com

Does exactly what is says and was very easy to incorporate for someone like me who has limited technical ability!
kitkat

Post by kitkat »

I've been using https://www.homeawayconnect.com for the past 6 months or so, very happy and it's compatible with a lot of other listing/directory sites too!
Beergander

Post by Beergander »

Does anyone know of any free to use availability calendars that don't insert a reference link back to the host site? I've tried removing the link from the HTML but it corrupts the calendar.

Thanks
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

For reference, the calendar (and guestbook?) portion of homeawayconnect.com was formerly known as rentors.org.

I think a link back to the host site isn't an unreasonable price to pay for a calendar for which the host doesn't otherwise charge.
Brooke
Wendy@NorthIdaho

Post by Wendy@NorthIdaho »

HomeAwayConnect.com for me, a lot of sites are compatable with it so it's very handy.

Wendy
New Vacation Rental called DayStar Lodge! (Sold Narrows Cottage now have a rental management company called A-List Rental Management)
MyVRZone

Post by MyVRZone »

vrooje wrote:For reference, the calendar (and guestbook?) portion of homeawayconnect.com was formerly known as rentors.org.

I think a link back to the host site isn't an unreasonable price to pay for a calendar for which the host doesn't otherwise charge.
If you want a customizable calendar on your own website with no link back to the host (or other advertising) then you can use the MyVRZone one for free.

It will also keep your free HomeAwayConnect calendar up-to-date automatically for places that you need to use a reference to that

So you still just need to enter your availability/reservations into one place and get all of the benefits of the HomeAwayConnect calendar as well as customization for use on your own website.

Cheers,
Neil
www.MyVRZone.com - Vacation Rental Management Software
www.emeraldislandorlando.com - Emerald Island Resort VR
www.windsorpalmsorlando.com - Windsor Palms Resort VR
Cotterdale

Post by Cotterdale »

Dreamer Your home page on your website is not loading properly all the photos are at the bottom. When I looked at your website it looks like a black screen. I used safari.
Darko Kontin

Post by Darko Kontin »

We use VELUMrent from www.constructivecode.com

It doesn't work so it updates other calendars as I saw some of you have. But we use it to manage all our bookings, send availability information directly to guests and other agencies that work with us.

For our use in Croatian market it works great :)
nijntje

Post by nijntje »

Hi Dreamer,
Went to your website and I just realized we have looked at that house when it was for sale, I believe it was back in 2005 or something like that...you did a really nice job to it! Good to see it back :)