scottsdale vacation rental

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
rentahomeaz

scottsdale vacation rental

Post by rentahomeaz »

Hi All,

We just launched our website to promote our Scottsdale Vacation Rental. We're wanting to improve our Google rankings, add useful content, and have a easy, friendly website that drives bookings. I thought maybe this website could help with some best practices on marketing and leasing logistics (leases, deposit, payment sources).

Here's our site www.sunnyscottsdalecondo.com

Thanks!!

Manager
Sunny Scottsdale Condo
Scottsdale Vacation Rental in THE best location of Scottsdale, for less than the price of a hotel.
www.sunnyscottsdalecondo.cm
Manager
Sunny Scottsdale Condo Vacation Rental
www.sunnyscottsdalecondo.com
superpp

Post by superpp »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I found the slide show transitions irritating personally and the weather was presented twice on each page?
The text is also quite sparse and faint.

It does look like a nice place though.

----
Please also note this forum requests that you take the time to review some of the other websites in return.
dmjarvis

Post by dmjarvis »

I think that most people like immediate access to pricing information - it's the next thing I check once I like the look of a place - and it doesn't look like your visitors can find it without sending you an enquiry (and I would place your telephone number on this page too).

The slideshow cycles around too quickly - I had no time to read the captions on each image.

I would be tempted to place a map in the sidebar so visitors can see at a glance where you are.

There are not nearly enough calls-to-action on the site. What do you want your visitors to do and how easy will you make it for them? I think you need a rates / booking details page even if you're not immediately taking bookings directly through the site.

You should make more use of the right sidebar - it is completely blank on many pages and you could use it for photos, a 'Book Now' telephone number, map, testimonials, twitter feed etc.
rentahomeaz

THANK YOU!!

Post by rentahomeaz »

Hi All,

Thank you thank you thank you for taking the time to share some GREAT feedback. I have already incorporated some of the comments.

Please feel free to check it out my site again to see some of the improvements:
- slower slideshow
- map on the about page
- phone and contact info on the contact us page
- weather only shows up twice on the home page (side bar and footer)

In the near future I hope to add other parts of the feedback. If you have any suggestions on these areas, I'd welcome input:
- Rates - We're still analyzing what rates we'd like to post. We want room to offer specials, but we also want to competitive rates. We've researched other Vacation rentals, but feel that we still have more work to do before posting. Also we don't want a complicated rate card, but there seems to be a lot of owners out there that charge different rates almost 4 times a year, and then also have different rates depending on weekly/monthly stays.
- Testimonials - We are a new business, so we haven't had any testimonials written up yet. I do know for sure that we will have some great testominials soon, thank you for your feedback on this we agree it is important.
- Call to Action - We also agree this is important. We just haven't figured out what we want to place and where. The sidebar seems like a solid place for a call to action.

Thanks again for the feedback!! I will check out other sites requesting feedback this weekend. I appreciate your help.

Best regards,

Sunny

Manager
Sunny Scottsdale Condo
Scottsdale Vacation Rental in THE best location of Scottsdale, for less than the price of a hotel.
Manager
Sunny Scottsdale Condo Vacation Rental
CSE

Post by CSE »

I am afraid I am going to be a bit hash on this:-
This website read to me more like a blog than a rental site. Things like the items at the bottom of the page enhance this feeling.
Also things like the titles of your pages should be changed; an about page is just that about (us) not the location and house details.
I personally think you should rethink this website sorry.

PS with 3 links in your signature are to trying to gather links for SEO purposes?
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Hi Sunny - I'm no expert, but I couldn't find any pics of the inside of the property, which is the first thing guests look for.

Also the word bands across the slide show are annoying - just as you want to look at the picture half of it gets blocked out.

I also think the blog bit is an irrelevance, much better to give good solid info on the property.

Well you did ask - sorry!!
superpp

Post by superpp »

weather only shows up twice on the home page (side bar and footer)
why do you want to show this twice?
baylor

Post by baylor »

Hi there... just my two cents worth, but it looks like the template you used doesn't leave enough real estate for you to put the things that matter to folks: as has been mentioned, that's things like pictures. I'd much rather see more pictures of your place than a giant facebook or twitter logo.

It strikes me as a slightly confusing site, and as someone else mentioned before, the blog style template makes it a bit unsuitable for what you're trying to get across. That said I really like the clean white background and simple typefaces.

A word about your pics... try adjusting them slightly in a photo-editing suite (temperature maybe?) to make them look a little more warm. A bit of yellow light would make it look much homier. They look quite cold, and from what I understand about Scottsdale, that's never the case! :-)

Enjoy and good luck with the place!