mybeachsideapartments.com

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
dave63

mybeachsideapartments.com

Post by dave63 »

Hi all, I have been working on our rental website and would be very grateful for any comments that the community might have

www.mybeachsideapartments.com

I am happy to offer my comments also on any other new websites, as my contribution to the give and take here.

All comments most welcome.

Thanks,

Dave
Dont believe everything that you think
Windy

Post by Windy »

I was very confused by finding myself looking at two villas in different parts of the world - I'd be tempted to do a separate web site for each of them

The space in the layout could do with a bit of balancing and it seems very flash heavy. It was quite slow to load here and flash (if I understand correctly) is not great for SEO.

The constantly changing pictures in both sides made me feel a bit pressured too.

The navigation is not consistent which is quite annoying.

You have some great pictures and you have obviously gone to a lot of effort here - you are nearly there but ......

PS is that a counter at the bottom? (3998) I'm not a fan of counters - get a Google Analytics account and embed the code if you want to know how many people have visited.

PPS - Welcome :lol: :lol: :lol: I hope I haven't been too negative - thick skins are needed round this neck of the forum but it'll probably be worth it for you if you stick with it!
superpp

Post by superpp »

as windy said, having 2 properties is very confusing.
maybe have a joint landing page offering the 2 locations?
dave63

Post by dave63 »

Thanks for your replies - the feedback is greatly appreciated.

Windy - your comments were not too negative at all - in fact, exactly what I am looking for to try to get the approach and balance 'correct' ( whatever that is!).

The site I use to build my website is WIX and they build in Flash, but still claim to get good SEO results - I think that have a parallel html site in some way, for the benefit of the search engine spiders ( at least that's what I think I read somewhere).

superpp - I like the idea of a joint landing page for the two locations and then splitting the two apartments after that - thanks!

Much to work on then, and thanks again for your feedback

Dave
Dont believe everything that you think
dmjarvis

Post by dmjarvis »

Agree with earlier posters - you need to keep both properties separate, either on this one site or by building 2 sites. You SEO will most likely be improved with 2 sites if your properties are in different regions.

Navigation is all over the place. Once you enter the availability page you appear to be on a completely different site with no way of navigating back to your original site.

The images on your own site look quite nice, but I would try to break up the large blocks of text a bit, perhaps by floating the images and wrapping the test around them.

I think you need to make it easier for visitors to check prices. There didn't seem to be any way of doing this without checking the availablility calendar for the dates you require.

When in the booking calendar page it isn't clear which property you're looking at.
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

On your photo page this sentence could do with some help:
Click on a thumbnails below to view a larger pictures...
Click on a thumbnail below to view larger pictures.

I found it weird not being able to scroll around and the interesting stuff (for me) was on your availability page. You might want to add the odd booking just to make it less of an empty restaurant scenario.

Anyway, that was just my first impression.

Welcome to the forum Dave

Polly
baylor

Post by baylor »

Just a few first thoughts for you on your site. I know you said you want a "landing page" with both properties, but I would tend to agree that you'll get better responses from different pages. It's especially true since you don't have a direct URL to each property (eg /portugal or /thailand or whatever). You can't direct someone directly to the one they're interested in.

Few people, I think, browse for holiday rentals and then say, well, honey, these look great... shall we go for portugal or thailand this year?

The availability calendar showed up awkwardly in the frame that you've put it in, at least in my browser (Firefox on the Mac).

I'd agree with the comments on the navigation, which is quite difficult--the items at the top of the pages are quite close together and it's hard to tell that they are links.

Beautiful properties... and look forward to hearing your experience of rental systems.

Cheers
-b