Is my website O.K?

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
SaraD

Is my website O.K?

Post by SaraD »

Hi everyone,

This is my first posting.
I've recently put together a website through IOwners. I've paid to have it optimised & to have the adverts removed. I'm still waiting for the report from my SEO manager which seems to be taking ages.
I'd really appreciate your opinions & any tips on how my website could be improved. www.villatheia-corfu.com
Many thanks in advance.

Sara
CSE

Post by CSE »

What report are you wanting for?
You can do your own SEO.
The only comment I can make about your website is it is another iowners website. Personally I feel they all look the same and mass produced. There is no variation on these layouts. I do not like them because of this, sorry.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Hi Sara and welcome.

It does what it says on the tin - it gives you a web presence and gives you a platform to put all your required information on it, so no real issues with it. Maybe in the longer term you will want something more personal, but it's a good start. I speak from experience in saying that if you are a beginner, designing your own website can be a major time and effort issue!

Incidentally, on your details page it reads " There is a security safe for your personnel belongings". That should read "personal". There a few typos and grammatical errors - get someone else to read it and pick them out - sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees when you've written it! "Its" for example needs an apostrophe and a full stop where there shouldn't be after "small" in the local info.
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Hello Sara. Your website looks fine to me apart from a few typos. How about putting a few links on your Local Info page. These seem to be very popular on mine.

www.graftonholidayhome.iowners.net

Yes, the iowners sites are all 'out of the same box' but they are free, easy to set up & make a great ebrochure or link from other listing sites. Personally I haven't done the optimisation thing, didn't think it was worth it. I just needed a 'presence' to link potential guests to.

Good Luck!
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

Hi Sara

My only thought would be changing '&' for 'and', simply beacause the ampersand catches the eye and stands out.

I think you sight is pretty good and some of the photos are great. I would make sunset dining my main photo I think.

Good luck

Wally
SaraD

Post by SaraD »

Thanks everyone. I value your opinions.
I'm happy with the iowners site. It's adequate for what I need which is to provide a link. I actually like the layout & it was so easy to set up which suits me.

I've corrected my spelling mistakes & I will also take your advise wallypot & replace all the &'s.
I use the sunset photo as my main photo on Holiday Lettings. I'll try it out on the website too.

Sara
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Sara: excellent range of thoughtfully composed photographs displaying your property and its surroundings to good advantage. I had a clear idea of what was on offer after viewing your photo gallery - which isn't always the case, even with bespoke websites. Particularly liked your atmospheric late evening house/pool shot - clever caption too, showing how pictures and words, when carefully meshed, can often deliver more than the picture alone.

I have no problem with 'mass-produced' websites provided the content is good. You can sell the dream just as effectively with a simpler product - as this site demonstrates.

Jim
baylor

Post by baylor »

Agreed with some of the other comments here--the site is compelling and the photos particularly make it look amazing. Let me know if you want to swap sometime! =)

I also would agree with the & (change them to "and" spelled out) and it's (change to its--the apostrophe makes it read "it is").

The only other feedback is about your headline, which reads:
"Villa Theia ... holiday home to rent. Arillas.Corfu". I would think about what headline you would want to see if you were looking for a place to catch your eye. For instance, will most people know/care that it's in Arillas? (They might, I don't know.) If not, maybe something punchy like "Villa Theia... your holiday rental in Corfu" might get the point across.

Beautiful place!
-b