Holidaysun website

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
disneyscott

Holidaysun website

Post by disneyscott »

Hi All,
My first attempt at a website... Could you please give me your thoughts on it... and recommendations for any improvements...

I appreciate your advice.

www.holidaysun.co.cc

Best Regards,
Brian Scott.
La Chouette

Post by La Chouette »

Welcome to the forum!

My first impressions.....an easy to navigate site, but I'm not sure whether your banner photo sells me the holiday, and that hokey cokey banner dancing to and fro is very distracting, in my opinion!

I'm geographically challenged unless I've already been somewhere, so I'd like a page that tells me where you are in Spain and how to get there from wherever you think your target market is.

If I were you I'd also add some photos in other places on the site, particularly your 'out and about' page as just text on a page is a bit bleak.

Jan
disneyscott

Post by disneyscott »

Thanks La Chouette

I'll take your comments on board. I had it in mind that i wasn't showing enough of the area... I agree with that.

I was well pleased that I'd managed to make a dancing banner... :o) Never mind... Tiny things....

Thanks a lot for your feedback
Brian
KAB-Dennis

Post by KAB-Dennis »

Nice photos clean lines
The tabs (photos availability etc) are not at all prominent when you first look at the site not sure if I had not read further in LMH whether I would have assumed that it was not a one page site

Good Luck

PS how did you get the availability calendar on there
also is this a free site
Kate
USA
baylor

Post by baylor »

Hi Brian-
Have tried twice now--yesterday and today--and can't get the site to load at all. I'm getting a timeout error in Firefox (Mac) and also in Chrome (Mac).

I'm in the UK so don't know if it's a geographical IP issue or what. Other posters here seem to have been able to access it with no problem.

Welcome by the way!
-b
disneyscott

Post by disneyscott »

Thanks for the feedback.

Te availability calender is just a screendump from the ad that I have placed with "holiday-lettings". I just update it... then make a copy paste onto my own website.
For the tabs... Yes... I can see what you mean. I know that they are there, so its not a problem for me. But for someone new arriving - they´re not so clear.

For the Mac problem... Anyother Mac users have a problem with access? I´ve never tried to access it with Mac before.
Thanks,
Brian
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Not so much a comment about the site, but rather the domain... what made you for a .co.cc ??

I would opt for a better domain myself...
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
AndyH

Post by AndyH »

Hi - I can't get the site to load either (using Chrome & Vista). Are you working on it today or is there a compatibility problem with Chrome?
-------------------------------------------------------------
www.lapagerie.com - Holiday house to rent
www.sompt.com - The renovation of our house
disneyscott

Post by disneyscott »

Seems to be a problem with Mac... I can't think why???
I've updated the site taking into consideration some of your feedback.

Better?? Worse???

Thanks a lot,
Brian
AndyH

Post by AndyH »

Sorry, but I still cannot access the site using either Chrome or Internet Explorer Version 7. Both of these are running under Windows Vista and not Mac.
-------------------------------------------------------------
www.lapagerie.com - Holiday house to rent
www.sompt.com - The renovation of our house
ccazes

Post by ccazes »

Hi,

I have no problem accessing the site from my mac.
The site seems easy to navigate and has all the info necessary about your apartment.
I would definitely put other photos on the first page, at least one interior photo to get an idea about the quality of furnishings etc and one of your private rooftop terrace that looks lovely, a real selling point given that the pool is shared and your neighbours are very close by.

Does Weebly offer SEO software etc for metatags and sitemaps etc? You could easily create a few internal links from each of your pages.
disneyscott

Post by disneyscott »

Updated again... With some photos on the front page.

Looking better?

Thanks, Brian
ccazes

Post by ccazes »

I think it's definitely better with more photos but three of them show the terrace roof line of your complex and its a bit repetitive. Sorry to nit pick.
Why not choose another photo of your private roof top terrace but from another viewpoint. The one with the chairs taken at sunset is great!
I also think it's great to see a page about your tearoom - it looks lovely. I would even name the page directly about it instead of saying "something else". For a potential renter, it doesn't change anything about the rental but it tells me something about you and that this is probably not going to be a bogus listing.
elena

Post by elena »

Hi Brian!
I agree I'd make more of the tea room rather than hiding it behind "something else".
Just a point- when you click on the tea room link and then close it again it shuts down your main site too. I'd set it up so you come back to your holiday site as it's annoying to have to start all over again.

Elena
Dordogne Holiday Cottages
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

No problem on my mac (safari) either. All looks pretty good to me. I'd love to know what the .cc is meant to stand for. Or am I just being thick!