New Iweb site - please review

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
ccazes

New Iweb site - please review

Post by ccazes »

Hi

I would appreciate any comments about my new site.
I have built it using Iweb which gives me the comfort of using a template but I have tried my best to optimise SEO, meta tags etc using appropriate software.
It is hosted by me.com and I have not changed the domain name to a .com or .co.uk yet, I wanted to get the content right first.

I can't look at it objectively anymore..
Here it is:

http://web.me.com/jcazes/LePetitTresor/Home.html

Thanks!
Medoc Bob

My look

Post by Medoc Bob »

Pictures brilliant, first picture on a slant to the left.........everyone looks to the right.......but you broke the rules and it works. Great picture.

There is a but! Sorry choice of font, not good and using red to promote anything is bad.

It looks like you have an amazing place by the pictures. Your font looks messy so just keep it simple
Back in UK, our house in France is now back as a Holiday Home
ccazes

Post by ccazes »

Many thanks Bob.

I was going for an ochre colour to match the house tones but like you say simple is maybe better. I will experiment with other web safe fonts too. I just wanted the text to not look like a word doc...
Nemo

Re: My look

Post by Nemo »

Medoc Bob wrote: There is a but! Sorry choice of font, not good and using red to promote anything is bad.
Why? :?
Nemo

Re: My look

Post by Nemo »

Medoc Bob wrote: using red to promote anything is bad.
Why? :?
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

I'm afraid this is real nit picking but you did ask .....

First salon shot - chair covers and blue throw would look better if ironed.

Comfy chair photo - log basket in fire place

Carpet in third bedroom chewed?

Otherwise, I have just one comment - and I don't know what anyone else thinks, but the site is down the middle of the page in a relatively narrow strip, which seems to be limiting your use of space. I can see that it would probably work well on a mobile phone, but I wouldn't make a booking for something like this on my mobile.

Really good job though.
ccazes

Post by ccazes »

Thanks Wallypot.
Yes it's good to hear what other people see in the photos as I have the habit of focusing on the overall view of the room but am not very good at picking out the details that don't work.
The "chewed" carpet was just made that way, we bought it in a village in the Atlas mountains in Morocco. I think it looks better in real life!
Will make an effort with ironing the covers next time but those chairs aren't in the living room anymore but the photos I took to replace them didn't work out very well so that will be on my to do list for the Spring. To tell the truth we hardly ever use the fire even in winter as we seem to always have clement weather & don't feel the need so that basket just sits there all year!
The width thing is to do with screen size. I didn't want anybody with an older or smaller screen to have to scroll left-right in order to see as full a page as possible when opening the site. On my widescreen monitor it does seem very narrow but on my laptop with a smaller screen, the page nearly fills the screen.
Also I think the iweb template accentuates this visually. I might try another background but this one was my favourite overall.

Can anyone tell me if I have inserted my siteweb correctly? I am not sure if a link to an exterior webpage is enough.
Thanks again!
superpp

Post by superpp »

on my laptop the right hand side is cutting of some text and there is text behind the bottom 3 images?