The 2010 award for the most least appealing booking

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Mountain Goat

The 2010 award for the most least appealing booking

Post by Mountain Goat »

26 - 30 December for 16 (including 8 kids) for property with a 10-guest limit.

Notice how the dates completely mess up both Christmas and New Year?

MG
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

they must be eternal optimists if they reckon anyone is going to take that one.
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Nightowl wrote:they must be eternal optimists if they reckon anyone is going to take that one.
Or French*

*(not a racist comment, just based on experience of previous enquiries/bookings)
enid

Post by enid »

We had our first experience of the French view of occupancy numbers - we had a group who turned up with 4 extra - their reason ' when we saw the area of the gite we knew there's be room for some to sleep on the floor'.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

That makes me smile Enid, as I had a French Enquiry yesterday, who wanted to know the square footage of the property
[first time Id been asked] .......now I know why :wink: :D
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

I have a new year booking which will have 17 for a maximum occupancy of 12. Unfortunately it was due to a misunderstanding, a badly placed full stop in their correspondance, but I have decided to let them go with it, I have explained that there are only 12 beds. I have also taken a large deposit.

Part of the problem is the translation of my ad onto arbritel, which has made the superking zip beds or singles into superkings and singles.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Bad luck wallypott, that's unfortunate. Hope your generosity in continuing with the booking is repaid! That and I hope you get your translation sorted.... :wink:

I have accepted a New Year booking from the 30th and hope that if someone doesn't want a week at Christmas, I could end up with two short breaks - one over Christmas and then one between Christmas and New Year. I personally would quite fancy a few days away after Christmas, to blow away the cobwebs......!
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

enid wrote:We had our first experience of the French view of occupancy numbers - we had a group who turned up with 4 extra - their reason ' when we saw the area of the gite we knew there's be room for some to sleep on the floor'.
Quite a lot of spanish enquirers have that view too....when told occupancy is max 8, they say, 'no that's fine, we'll bring camp beds/blow up beds etc....'

err.... no thanks...
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
carolb

Post by carolb »

We have a two bed house in Spain, and on the complex there are about 20 one bed apartments. Its not uncommon for us to go out to have breakfast in our front garden, and find that some of the one bed apartments have all their furniture outside - and that there are six adults sleeping in there!!
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

carolb wrote:We have a two bed house in Spain, and on the complex there are about 20 one bed apartments. Its not uncommon for us to go out to have breakfast in our front garden, and find that some of the one bed apartments have all their furniture outside - and that there are six adults sleeping in there!!
Which is why I won't rent to Spanish :lol:
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Ditto the French! Our property is advertised as "spacious" and I dread to think how many bods might be accommodated if the ground rules were ignored!

Love the title of the thread btw MG, and wouldn't it be great to hear what happens to this group! :lol:
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
carolb

Post by carolb »

I agree Alifrank, but these are the OWNERS!!!!
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Love the title of the thread btw MG, and wouldn't it be great to hear what happens to this group!

I've already been told off, GG, about the twisted language, and I can't quite work it out myself. The potential punters have disappeared into the ether.

xxMG
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

I think they'll be having a staycation this Christmas/New Year!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
kendalcottages

Re: The 2010 award for the most least appealing booking

Post by kendalcottages »

Mountain Goat wrote:26 - 30 December for 16 (including 8 kids) for property with a 10-guest limit.

Notice how the dates completely mess up both Christmas and New Year?

MG
They weren't newly ordained priests from Greece as well, were they? :)
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.