holiday-rentals.com : problem

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
alexia s.

holiday-rentals.com : problem

Post by alexia s. »

Has anybody else noticed that the availability chart for holiday-rentals.com is not functioning as we have always known it to?
I updated one of my properties today & it was updated to...... number 10. The first 9 had already been updated so should have been behind mine.
Our other property has actually slipped down the list, behind properties which were behind it when they were all updated yesterday.
Best,
Alexia.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I've just updated mine and they appear, under a search by department (Ille et Villaine) at the top of the list, so I suppose that is correct. By region (Bretagne) they are nowhere to be seen. I'm afraid I've never checked before after updating, so I can't be of any further help!
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Thank you for checking, Susan. I have written to holiday-rentals & hope to have a reply from them.
Best,
Alexia.
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Just updated mine, and although I come at the top of my department, I am on about page 8 when doing a search for whole of France. Couldn't work out why this would be the case - could 70 people all have updated their ability in the few minutes since I had done mine?!!!!

Then I worked out that what H-R do is sort them by region within update date. This is great news for those people with properties in Alsace (or more realistically those with properties in the Dordogne because there are hardly any in Alsace but all the Dordogne ones come next because they are in Aquitaine) - they will always be at the top of the France search results for the whole of the day on which they updated their availability, but not for those poor souls with properties in Vendee...

I too am going to email H-R to complain. But has it always been this way? I must admit that I have only ever checked my ranking within department, not for the whole of France.
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

"Couldn't work out why this would be the case - could 70 people all have updated their ability in the few minutes since I had done mine?!!!! "

I can't be sure, Catherine, but I think that you would have gone to the top of France in the 'good old days'. I've been with h-r since their first year so I have had time to see what they are doing and why - and until now I've had nothing but admiration for them. This latest development is not reassuring, though. Since my property actually slipped down the list, behind others that were updated later in the day(!), I can only think that there is a computer glitch (bad news) or that my property is singled out to be kept at the bottom of each day's listing...... bad news!
Since I am not paranoic (yet) I presume that it is the former.
Best,
Alexia.
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Ross from holiday-rentals has reassured me - it was a glitch which is being sorted out and - more importantly - I can report that Ross is keeping up the high standard of customer attention that we've all become accustomed to. Sigh of relief..........
Best,
Alexia.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Alexia,

I am not with H-R at the moment but I will be very soon. The main thing which has influenced me has been Ross and his approach to his business. If only all Rental Sites had a Ross on their staff.

Alan
rosselder

If only all Rental Sites had a Ross on their staff.

Post by rosselder »

Alan Knighting wrote:Alexia,

I am not with H-R at the moment but I will be very soon. The main thing which has influenced me has been Ross and his approach to his business. If only all Rental Sites had a Ross on their staff.

Alan
I think someone upstairs was listening...... !!! :lol:

Ross McGowan - www.holiday-rentals.com
Ross Hugo - www.holidaylets.net
Ross Elder - www.holidaylettings.co.uk
Ross Elder
Director, Holiday Lettings Ltd
www.holidaylettings.co.uk
ross@holidaylettings.co.uk
(01865) 201 444
ross

Post by ross »