On-line floor planners - which to choose?

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Jimbo

On-line floor planners - which to choose?

Post by Jimbo »

I know that some members have made use of on-line floor planners for their rental websites. I've been researching but there's a bewildering choice out there. Does anybody have a favourite bit of floorplan software that's efficient, easy to use and doesn't break the bank?

Thanks in advance.

Jim
ccazes

Post by ccazes »

floorplanner.com is free for one residence. I found it very easy to use and I think it looks good.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Yes, floorplanner is one that I've been checking out. I like the look of it, too. If anybody has incorporated floorplans into their sites, I'd be most grateful for a link (by PM if you prefer), so I can take a look. Thanks.

Jim
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

I think you may like this one Jim:
http://ourcarvoeiro.com/mdfloorplan3.php

Run the mouse over the rooms, and click inside any of the rooms, or on the balcony.

Credit to Interactive tours who produced this for me is clickable in the bottom left.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

I made a plan using Floorplanner a few years ago but never managed to get it into my site, even with the help of the designers. :cry:
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Ow, that's bad luck KG, do you still have it on file somewhere? It must be possible to still use it - you just need someone a bit more techie perhaps to add it?

Our first plan was done with Floorplanner by a very kind guest! I was then lucky enough to have it further refined by two well-known LMH gurus to whom I am forever indebted! (You know who you are, xx)

By further refined, I mean that the colours were changed to match in with our website, plus arrows added to view images from various angles of each room.

Here's the link - it then links further to the second floor:

http://www.gasconymagic.com/floorplan/floorplan0.php
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
ccazes

Post by ccazes »

katiegirl wrote:I made a plan using Floorplanner a few years ago but never managed to get it into my site, even with the help of the designers. :cry:
If you can still log in with your email address to floorplanner.com and find you floor plan you can export it in jpeg format to your e-mail or hard disk. The export icon is on the top right hand corner of the screen beside the printer icon. Then you can incorporate it in your website like you would a photo.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

OMG Jane! Would you like a holiday in Brittany? Do you take dogs? Your place looks wonderful! Oh and your floorplan's pretty fancy too! :D

The designers I mentioned were the original designers of Floorplanner. :evil: I assumed if they couldn't make it work, then no-one could.........
Kathy
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Ours ( http://www.kendalcottages.com/accommoda ... orplan.htm ) is Floorplanner also. It's not perfect, but gives a reasonable indication of how everything is laid out...
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

katiegirl wrote: Do you take dogs?
Thanks for the lovely comments KG, that's very kind andwe'll organise a swap on of these days. Is it dog singular or dog plural? :D

Meanwhile hope someone here can help you with your floorplans.

KC, really like the way you have got yours coloured to match your site with varying tones so neatly. How did you manage that or is it something FP has made available now?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Thanks all for your replies, interesting stuff. May I ask two supplementary questions:

With floorplanner, does 'one residence coming for free' mean one property? We've got one residence but with four separate properties?

Nobody seems to include dimensions to allow a potential guest to see how large - or small - the rooms are? Obviously, if the plan is linked to room photographs, that's a work around but, if not, I wondered if dimensions are considered important? I ask because we've always included the total footprint of each gite in square metres as a comparison, but have no idea if anybody actually makes use of such dry and dusty facts when choosing a property.

Richard, love the way the toilet pan rises and cupboard doors open as you mouse over your plan. 'Way cool' as my nephew Mark says!

Jim
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Dogs plural Jane, very well behaved though :lol: . Seriously, they're whippets so quite neat and tidy, shorthaired so hardly moult, completely house-trained, sleep in their own crate, they poo straight into the poo bag. Ok that last bit's a lie..... :lol:
Here they are, sorry you got me too.

Kathy
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Sorry, I've hijacked this thread somewhat, will go away now.
Kathy
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

Hi Jimbo

I have done all three properties with floorplanner for free. Not sure exactly how I did it, but I am a technotwit, so it cant be difficult to do.

They are on my site, but Martin did it for me. He's the LMH member who did my site. Let me know if you want his email address.

If you have a look at them, don't blame Martin for the quality of the photos, all my own fault. The floorplanners are pretty much the only thing on there for the beach house, and I have six bookings, so I think they must be a good idea. (Photos hopefully will be done before christmas).

Be prepared to spend hours, if not days, doing them though.

Wally
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

I used free floorplanner for mine too.

You just need an email address and a password to get started.
I started 2 separate sheets - one for downstairs & one for upstairs, so would imagine that you could just start separate sheets for each property if you have more than one.

Tinted & patterned floor colourings are available - I got them by mistake and couldn't figure out why all my rooms were different colours and it was a big mess when I moved walls, but I finally found it in the menu at the side so got them all the same colour again.

I wasn't able to export the image directly though - needed to do a screen capture and then paste into something else (paint possibly) and continued editing from there and saved from there.