Please review www.execflats.com

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
execflats

Please review www.execflats.com

Post by execflats »

Hello,

Would appreciate some feed back on my website www.execflats.com .

Just to give you some background, this is our 2nd site an "upgrade" on our 1st site which I designed myself.

I paid for the technical side (i.e the website design & associated programming), but I provided the text myself.

Please have a look and let me know your thoughts on the website as a whole.

Regards
ccazes

Post by ccazes »

Hi,
I liked the choice of colours used, the bright colours in the photos contrast well with the dark background. Great photos and decor.
Each and every page took an age to load. Can't tell why.
I would like to see photos specific to each apartment when I pull up the the page about each one and maybe a floor plan so I can get an idea of the space and amenities in each. Or a gallery page might do the same job.
Maybe a map to situate the apartment in town would be useful. I always like to google an apartment or house's location to see how far it is from shops/transport etc. Also if someone in Slough wants to rent for family or friends visiting they will want to have an idea of where it is. I wasn't sure if the apartments where in the same block or not which could be useful for those booking for a large group and needing more than one apartment.
On the home page the text is a bit overworked or not natural if you prefer. The word "contemporarily" doesn't roll off the tongue very easily, "contemporary furnishings" might work better.
The two pages "reservation enquiries" and "make a booking" seem to do the same thing.
Sorry for the less positive remarks as I found the site pleasing visually, professional looking with good relevant info.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

First look - looks great. However, please take some time to check out the spellings, grammar and use of capital letters. This really spoils it for me and does not give me the confidence that it is a really professional service.

Examples on the first page: 2009 © Serviecd Apartments in Slough. slough, Our - lower case for a name, then upper case after a comma?

Needs more information regarding the area and each flat etc as ccazes states. Pages are slow to load so I think I would have given up and moved on.
KAB-Dennis

Post by KAB-Dennis »

First look

1. Neat concise pages not too busy or too much info great for execs
2. I know that you know where Slough is and most of the lookers will too - but it does not tell you what country etc
3. Also the length of time it took to load - as a guest I definitely would have moved on or looked at the next place while waiting and then just clicked on their site

Today, I would say that pages that take too long to load are not viewed favorably
Kate
USA
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Very slow to load: Maybe the site works fine for thrusting executives living in a futuristic metropolis banging away on Herculean computers. But, for me, in rural France with its slow and flaky broadband, the load times tried my ebbing patience.

Photographs are disappointing: The rule of the road with panoramic format is to compose the pictures and shoot them as panoramic. Otherwise, when you force conventional shots to be long and thin, you risk ending up with peculiar compositions that do no justice to the subject matter. Here, ugly crops of furniture and huge expanses of white featureless walls have a jarring impact.

Text is less than illuminating: We are an established Serviced Apartment company with many years of experience.

What does this mean? You have a string of similar properties located in major European capitals? Or a couple of apartments in Slough? Perhaps a bit more flesh on the bones of this bland statement might be helpful – perhaps with links in the FAQs?

Good luck. It’s an interesting concept and a stylish website. You're on the runway but (IMO) need a bit more work to get this executive jet into the air.

Jim
CSE

Post by CSE »

The online enquiry on the first page is superfluous. After you filled in the dates it takes you to a new page. Why not just have a button to take you to the booking page.

I agree that some of the phases etc are rather weird, like this one.
If on the other hand you are in town visiting friends & relatives are commitment to customer satisfaction will ensure that your stay is as pleasant as can be.
I do not have a clue what this means.

I would also have another look at your meta tags. A page tile with just Images (for example) does not work well with Google.
The photos whilst showing a well presented product. The way they are presented in a manner that shows little detail. Half of the photo is under the tile and you illustrate several kitchens with several living areas. But you do not seem to say what is associated with what. If you have several flats for rent I feel you need to show exactly what the customer is getting for their money.

I think you should maybe rethink what you say about transportation links. They don’t add up.

Your cancellation policy is open ended, on your side, it seems you can charge what you feel fit. You will not persuade a lot of customers to stay in your apartments with this policy.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
lorca

Post by lorca »

I agree with the others - especially re showing each of the flats individually. It´s also very important to get it proof-read for spelling and grammar if you want to create a professional feel.

Another slightly odd thing - you say it´s available for short lets, yet you talk about people having to move home for work. Do you have a clear idea of who your target market is?
execflats

Post by execflats »

Thank you all very much for taking the time out to review the site.

I've taken the points on board & will make the necesary changes.

Thanks again