Article directories

Using press and magazine advertising, brochures, mailings - old hat or still cost-effective?
Aldo

Article directories

Post by Aldo »

One of the suggestions offered as regards getting a higher search engine ranking is to write articles and upload them on article directories.

How does one go about doing that?

What is it best to write about: location, the accommodation itself, an article about the experience of restoring/refurbishing a house...?

Are there any article directories related to travel or accommodation?

How long should the article be?

Has anyone tried this before? Was it worth the time and effort?
Martha

Post by Martha »

Yes, I gave it a go initially, and I think it does help. It's on my list of things to do again when I have a moment. I did them about the area because it's easy to write about - ten best restaurants, favourite walks etc etc. About 500 words is fine. I submitted them here
http://ezinearticles.com/editorial-guidelines.html
and a few others.

Writing for a travel blog is another option that I'm thinking of, and probably better in terms of SEO and getting your name known. Twitter is probably a good place to get in touch with people for this.
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

Thanks Martha. By "writing for a travel blog", do you mean create my own or contribute to someone else's?
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

If any of you are interested in writing for a travel blog, I hope you don't mind me mentioning that my (other) company has a couple of blogs that might be of interest.

One is A Luxury Travel Blog which welcomes unique articles about anything to do with luxury travel. If you go on there, you'll see some examples. Basically, people will write (non self promotional) articles of interest (often about the area in which they have an interest in themselves) and, at the end of the article, they get a 'bio' strapline that says who they are links to their site. If you click on the link, you'll see plenty of examples - just note the text at the end of each post.

The other blog is our UK Travel Blog - same thing applies except that obviously the articles focus upon UK travel rather than luxury travel.

Anyone here is welcome to PM if they'd like more info.
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.