french rental site

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
marcus

french rental site

Post by marcus »

Has anyone heard of logement-saisonnier.com (french properties only)?

They sent me an email this morning and their site, although it looks a bit scrappy, has some very good features. You can choose properties from an interactive map which I like a lot - you hold the mouse over a place name on a list and it shows you where it is, and then tells you how far your chosen property is from that place and so on. I'm easily seduced by a flashy graphic..and they translate your ad into six languages.

Also you can pay, Abritel style, according to the number of weeks you are advertising, which I also like since I could advertise off-season or french half term holiday weeks only, for example.

Anyone know of them?

Cheers
Marcus
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Nope,not a sausage :roll:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I've never heard of them either. The French sites I get most hits on my website from (not necessarily bookings because of the prices!) are pour-les-vacances.com and guidevacances.com. Both are around 80€ to guarantee you are always top of the listings for your region. I have no idea how they do this, but it works and this month, for example, I have had 3 hits from Abritel and 175 from PLV. I'm not sure if it would work as well for your area Marcus, but they might be worth an experiment to find out where they are on the search engines. Doh! I've just remembered that they do limit the gites they advertise by department, so if yours has already reached capacity, it might not be possible to advertise with them. But its nice for the rest of us as there is never saturation!
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Hi Marcus,

We had a free trial with them a while back..and got zip.
Cheers
PC