Update-added youtube video, good idea? NarrowsCottage

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
RBQueiros

Post by RBQueiros »

Hi Wendy,

The solution to avoid problems with tables is not using pixels.

For example, imagine that you want the table to be in all screen and your view is 1024x768. You don´t set width="1024px" instead you set width="100%".

This means that everyone that see your site will see in all screen.
Even if they are using view 800x600 or 1280x1024.

But to be easy to swork with your website there are systems that work like modules.

You can try Wordpress, Drupal or joomla (i use this).

If you need any help to install the application i would be glad to help you.

Kind Regards

Rogério Queirós
Wendy@NorthIdaho

Post by Wendy@NorthIdaho »

Thank you Heather and Rogerio, I do have to stay with this system for now, but I so appreciate your kind offers! I will immediately change the width to 100% and then I'm going to call the company and see if they can help me find a template that automatically fits on peoples screens.

Thank you all for your help!
Wendy
New Vacation Rental called DayStar Lodge! (Sold Narrows Cottage now have a rental management company called A-List Rental Management)
Martha

Post by Martha »

Overall it looks nice, I would echo the suggestion of switching to Wordpress. I have run most of my my sites on it for years and just switched the chalet site onto it - so much easier to deal with.
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Wendy@NorthIdaho

Heather, do you like our site better with the lighter background now? At first it seemed rather stark to me but I think I like it better, was wondering how the lighter look is coming across?

Thank you,
Wendy
New Vacation Rental called DayStar Lodge! (Sold Narrows Cottage now have a rental management company called A-List Rental Management)
Wendy@NorthIdaho

Thank you Martha!

I will definitely be considering Wordpress, since so many are recommending it, or another when my subscription runs out with this company.

Wendy
RBQueiros

Post by RBQueiros »

Sugestion:

Where you see:

<td class="pageheader" valign="top" width="100%">

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="156" width="100%">
<tr>
<td class="cornerimage" height="156" valign="top" width="250"></td>
<td valign="top">

I would remove this collum

<td class="cornerimage" height="156" valign="top" width="250"></td>
Wendy@NorthIdaho

I'm sorry I'm so technically challenged here, but where am I supposed to be seeing that Rogerio?

Wendy
RBQueiros

Post by RBQueiros »

In your page index.html near line 150

If you want send me the page that i fix it for you.

Regards
Wendy@NorthIdaho

Also, just remembered why I chose less than 100% for the tables, I am trying to get everything to shift left until I can get this to a template that will adjust automatically hopefully people are not still scrolling right?

Haven't heard if that was sucessful or not, is it still oversized?

Wendy
RBQueiros

Post by RBQueiros »

Wendy the 100% was an example.

If you have more than i column in the same line the total of percentage must be 100%

Imagine you have 2 columns and you want your left column to be only 10% of the site you use width="10%" and in the other 90%
Wendy@NorthIdaho

This is the only way I can change the html:

Add your own HTML
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can add your own HTML code to your web site.1 Click the "Site Add-Ons" icon in the toolbar.

"Add it here" buttons appear in all locations where you can add the HTML.

2 Click the "Add it here" button where you want to add the HTML.
3 On the Site Add-On Gallery page that displays, click on the Multimedia tab and click the "Add" link for "Add your own HTML".
4 On the Add your own HTML screen that displays, you can enter your HTML into the text box provided. Note that this Site Add-On is for advanced users who are experienced with HTML. Incorrectly formatted HTML or JavaScript could corrupt your page, and may require you to re-create the entire page.
5 Click the "Done" button to add the new code and return to the page.

So I'm not seeing the whole page in html. There is a button when I go into the table settings that says "convert to form" but I have no idea what that does so haven't done that...

Where there is text I can view it in html but it doesn't show me the line numbers.

Sorry about not understanding your advice!

Wendy
Wendy@NorthIdaho

Rogerio,
Thank you for that explanation of the %, I see what you mean.

Thank you,
Wendy
RBQueiros

Post by RBQueiros »

I was watching the source code of your site.

I thought that you have done it in html.

I supose that you are using some website platform that i don´t know witch.

Regards
Wendy@NorthIdaho

Yes, it is made for me and I just go in and add things, pictures, text, etc..

Update: I called and the person found some sort of error and is looking into fixing it and getting back with me! hooray, hopefully it will look right soon....

Will let you know what she says.

Thank you,
Wendy
RBQueiros

Post by RBQueiros »

ok

Rogério Queirós