My First EVER Website

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Mad Mick

My First EVER Website

Post by Mad Mick »

I know it still needs some work. For instance I'm not happy with some of the pics. Although originals are 6 megapixel, they seem to have reduced down badly. Ive used Dreamweaver MX 2004 and PSP 8 to help design etc. One question, how do I get counter to go to middle of page pls?
Any comments good or bad would be useful. Ta in advance
Not quite MAD but working on it :)
Mad Mick

Post by Mad Mick »

Mad Mick

Post by Mad Mick »

Also like to make the point that we rent to friends and family so its for information only at this time.
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

I understand your concern with the photos, On that point, the next load you have/do get some life into the external ones. Its a large area with not a lot going on, and looks a bit sterile

Otherwise nice site!
Cheers
PC
Ju

Post by Ju »

Hi Mick

A good start with the site. A couple of comments

I know a picture says a thousand words, but I think you could do with a bit more description, both for the villa and for the area.

Instead of the words "Interior Shots" how about "Interior Photographs". Shots always makes me think of injections!

Ju
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Mick,

You must be working on it as we speak as your counter is now centered.

I see what you mean about the pictures. They are obviously very good in original form but haven't reduced at all well. I don't know what went wrong but PSP can do a lot better than that. Stick with it, you'll come up with answer.

Alan
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Hi Mick - thanks for your nice feedback on our site. Just had a look at yours. Sounds as if you intend for it to grow, little by little, as you're currently just renting to friends and family - hence not such a need, perhaps at present, to give the info re the area, location of the apartment within the area, plus travel options - but further down the line, if you're going to start renting more to outsiders, you'll need to of course and probably already have it in mind to do so.

Like the design very much - the colours, the (co-ordinating) colour definition around each photo etc. Very snappy. One or two little mistakes (typos) in the text you need to fix, but otherwise fine.

Re your guestbook comments concerning having twin beds in the main bedroom. We have twins in 2 of our 4 bedrooms; it doesn't take much to turn twins into a large double. If you have somewhere to store stuff, just push them together and top with a (double of required size) quilted - stronger - mattress protector, then double sheet. So far no-one's fallen through ours! See how the headboards look side by side - might be OK!

Only other comment is that when I clicked on availability, the file was downloaded but I couldn't access it on my Mac - however, for some reason I could read the prices file with no problem.

Good luck!
Last edited by Giddy Goat on Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Marg

Post by Marg »

Thank you for your kind comments about our website - it is very much a personal thing as you can see from other peoples comments about our site. The main thing is good presentation and for it to be informative. This will be our 1st year renting and really do not want to rent to too many friends and family as they all expect to stay for peanuts!!

Just to change the subject we chatted earlier in the year about furnishing etc. We went out at the end of August for 2 weeks to a "nearly completed" villa and managed to do most of it although we did have a few problems with Moviflor!
paolo

Post by paolo »

Very nice! Some of the pics could be reduced in memory size, as they are over 100kb and take a while to download.

I would also repeat the navigation menu at the top so you don't have to scroll down to get to it.
Paolo
Lay My Hat