A first for us

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Paul Carmel

A first for us

Post by Paul Carmel »

Bon Noel,

We received our first ever Christmas card from a previous guest today..........In the cold winter it makes us think we must be doing something right!..........

Pace e salute!
Cheers
PC
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

What a lovely gesture! We've never received an Xmas card from previous guests. :mrgreen:
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

I got an email today from the brother of the guests who are in at New Year. He is sending me a cheque so I can leave a bottle of champagne in the cottage for her for New Years Eve! Isn't that nice of him? He lives in Spain and doesn't get to see her much.

I usually leave a bottle of Cava for xmas, New Year guests but will substitiute for chocs so she'll have 2 surprises! They are previous guests who sent not a card but a watercolour of the cottage after their visit!

P.S. Paul, haven't forgotten the Ikea stuff!
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

We upgrade from wine to bubbly for Christmas and New Year. We get lots of friendly e-mails but yet to get a Christmas card - are you sure that your prices are high enough?

John
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

I've thought about sending Xmas cards to our previous guests, but I've never gotten them from any! That's great. :)
Brooke
gh

A first for us

Post by gh »

We have just send Christmans Cards to our guests who have booked for next year, Got some lovely ones made up with the house photograph on them. I would like to have received something like that when we rented properties.

If you would like the web address pm me.
John Borg

Post by John Borg »

We too recieved our first Christmas card from a Scottish couple who spent 2 weeks in our property last summer. It is such a joy recieving this type of appreciation from our guests. We have recieved thank-you cards and they too make us feel proud in the knowledge that our efforts are not overlooked.

Merry Christmas to everyone here at the forum!
PS: We recieved our first booking via this forum this week!!!
Thank you all, especially Paolo for all of the good work!
Malta – always in the sunshine!
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

"We received our first booking via this forum this week"
John,
Do you mean that somebody reading the forum looked up your site and then booked?
Best,
Alexia.
John Borg

Post by John Borg »

Alexia,
Yes, that's exactly what happened. It was a pleasant surprise, to say the least! It is also encouraging when you get a booking from a fellow renter due to the fact that I suppose that we renters are a bit more "demanding" when we search for a suitable property. (Well at least I hope to think so :D )
The person who made the booking stated that he got my details via this forum, which I confirmed of coarse.
Malta – always in the sunshine!
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

Bon Noel Paul - et tous les autres .... Just hope my French is about right ... I'm trying to say "everyone else".

We send about a dozen Christmas cards to our "regulars" and receive about 10 each year from regulars and new guests. But I suspect that Brits send more Christmas cards than other nationalities ....

I was interested that Brooke was thinking of sending Christmas cards. I tend to send a card between Christmas and New Year to our cottage mailing list to prompt New Year bookings. This year I'm sending something along the lines of "New Year resolutions? .... don't forget to include a visit to the Lake District". I haven't actually produced anything yet, but I'm happy to share it when I have. What are other folk doing?

Bon Noel.
enid

Post by enid »

We've done a calendar with photos of here and the region and of clients in the months they were here;
Badger

Post by Badger »

I sent Christmas cards thanking people for their custom in the past and enclosed details of 2nd apartment we have bought on Costa Adeje in Tenerife. My theory was that if people were happy with our apartment in Los Cristianos but wanted a change of scenery for their next visit to Tenerife they would be quite happy using us again to try a new place. I have been delighted to receive 3 replies up to now showing interest in it for 2006 so it was a worthwhile exercise for the cost of the postage.
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

Enid, the calendar sounds a lovely idea. Does it take much producing?

Well done, Badger, on your 3 bookings. That reinforces your theory that if they like one property, they'll book another.
Badger

Post by Badger »

The calendar does sound really nice but I'm not very artistic. :(
I picked up a card once from a hotel reception, it was about 3"X2", with a view of the hotel on the front, including contact details, then on the reverse it was a calendar for the year ahead and it was small enough to fit in a purse. I intend to pinch that idea next year because it is something I thought you would keep in your handbag for the year (If you use a handbag obviously, dont know whether Jane would or not?)
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Badger,
Jane uses a hoof bag - but do you want goats renting your place? They'd be alright in an apartment, but you'd have to lock away the geraniums.
Best,
Alexia.