How to work out price for weekend booking?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Jenroy wrote:On the subject of weekend charges we received an enquiry for late April/early May and note that it encompasses the two bank holiday Mondays.

We normally rent Saturday to Saturday and would have considered Monday to Monday if one bank holiday was included, but somehow I have the feeling we may prejudice another week if we do.

Would like some help and advice - would you accept the booking and if so would you charge a premium?
You are stepping outside of your "set" changeover day, so I think you're quite entitled to charge a premium, or set whatever price you think fair.

I normally do Monday and Friday changovers, but for weekends that include a bank holiday Monday, I include that night as an extra night and change my pricing accordingly. My extra night is still proportional but means I make enough to be happy from selling that particular weekend. So if you feel you are potentially losing another booking by combining the two bank holidays, then charge accordingly, or hold out for your standard changeover and hope to book both weeks anyway!