Potential Guests want to view before booking

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

We had someone ask recently, but were unable to accommodate their request, as they couldn't visit during our changeover, and we had guests in the apartment during the remainder of their visit.
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

How interesting - I had a Spanish guest a few years ago want to look at the house before booking. He was going to be in NYC for business and the house was available (although dirty since guests had left that am and it had not yet been cleaned!) I felt very odd about the whole thing at first...but...he emailed me the other day and will be booking a few weeks with us this Summer...for the third year in a row ;-)
The Olive Grove

Post by The Olive Grove »

Update: Guest was unhappy about paying balance 8 weeks in advance of arrival, but happy to pay almost 60% deposit, with balance in cash on arrival. We agreed to this, and she asked us to send Booking Form, Terms and Conditions, and bank details..

Sent Booking Form and Terms and Conditions on Tuesday, saying the bank details would be sent once we were in receipt of the completed Booking Form by email. Since then silence?

If this is some sort of scam I can't see how our bank details alone would help anyone, but I was nervous of giving them out before having an address for the guest. All we had was a name, mobile phone number, and hotmail email address. Was I being too cautious?
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

No! :D
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
The Olive Grove

Still not heard from them, so may just send a follow up tomorrow to check they got the emails, then forget about them. We can book July 10 times over anyway, so at this stage I'm not inclined to bend any further over backwards for them.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Were they emailed as attachments OG? Just wondering if she received them ...
The Olive Grove

And just as I was typing the above post the booking form dropped into my in box :)
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

:lol: Well done. Next please!